Ouray, Telluride, San Juans Aug 2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Ouray, Telluride, San Juans Aug 2012

ECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
h2ogun
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ouray, Telluride, San Juans Aug 2012

Recently returned from the now annual trip to Colorado, the Ouray, Telluride, Silverton area. Bad snow year last winter, and it was ever so evident. Lower flow on the streams and not as green. Still a great trip.

Bad for me that soon out on the trail, my fan shroud shredded and the fan put a big piece through through my radiator.

So I rode with the newest driver who had not been on these type trails before and coached him through to some better refinements.

It was also nice that we had an extra person who solely took photos (combined, we had about 700)

As a rider, on trails that I done before, I saw many new things that I could never see as a driver. Dont get me wrong, I would much rather drive.

Last day, Biotex woke up ill (lets just say very ill, but pretty sure no alcohol was involved) but was still willing to go jeepin, but didnt want to drive. Like what is better, stay in camp sick, or ride on bone jaring trails while sick, .........no brainier for a true jeeper). So I got to drive his new (to him) Rubicon. Big mistake.......... any one want to trade a cj7, (a kinda small hole in radiator) for a Rubicon, any color would be fine?

Biotex, in his illness, kinda "hamed" it up for one of the photos.

Attached is the video of photos. I really enjoyed Opher pass early in the morning and was the first time to take it from hwy 550.

I started the video with shots form HWY 550 as I have told so many that it looks like they planned the road by throwing wet spaghetti on a map and tracing it. Even though paved it is a cool road.

Video link below. Enjoy, we did. (well last day, not so much for Biotex)

h2ogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Its easy to get altitude sickness there. Been thru there many times, have a sister in Ophir. Great video.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.