Mullan Run - Lower Compressor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Mullan Run - Lower Compressor

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-23-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
Mitchness
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Mullan Run - Lower Compressor

Finally got the head out with the North Idaho Trail Blazers this weekend on their last run of the year. I've been at a loss for places to wheel since moving up here so this was a great opportunity. Since I'm in a sling from my shoulder surgery I rode along with BlackhawkJK and Spokalu. Met up with another one of their friends, Tom and we were off at 6:00 AM. Met up with a few other Jeepers in Mullan and aired down ready for the trip. I'd never seen any reports or pictures of this run so I had no idea what to expect.

Once we hit the creek bed and the trail essentially disappeared I knew this run was going to be fun.

The farthest we got before the crew I rolled with had to turn back.

The "road" ahead.

Mild and medium carnage along the way. One TJ hit a log too hard and snapped the spindle on his tire carrier.

Just left it to pick up on the way back.

An old CJ with an equally old D44 snapped an axle and had no replacement. He was at the front of the pack so we were delayed a couple hours while they redneck-rigged a solution.

Don't know if you can see it (my camera broke so I didn't get any good photos of it), but they chained a log to the axle housing and "snowmobiled" back down the trail.

Thanks to Sean (BlackhawkJK) and Shane (Spokalu) for carting my *** around for the day. Met some good people and had a great time. I'm exceedingly jealous and can't wait to recover and take my own Jeep out next time. Hopefully all the way to the top.

Mitchness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2009, 02:11 AM   #2
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

looks like fun man! i always love wheeling in the woods although some of those logs look like they are begging to puncture a tire hahaha..guess im scarred for life after one punctured a hole in my sidewall the 2nd day of three and ruined the weekend.
Unread 11-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #3
md41969
2008 JK Wrangler 

Great pics, that trail looks like it was fun.
1995 Wrangler

White Jeep Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
"....you know what hurts the most, it's the lack of respect, that hurts the most.....and, and the the other thing hurts too, BUT not as much as the lack of respect..disgusting.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Your dog's head doesn't look like it belongs on his body. Is it an aftermarket head?
md41969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Mitchness
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
looks like fun man! i always love wheeling in the woods although some of those logs look like they are begging to puncture a tire hahaha..guess im scarred for life after one punctured a hole in my sidewall the 2nd day of three and ruined the weekend.
There were definitely alot of them for sure, but no one punctured anything while we were there. The closest it got was the XJ in the last pic momentarily popped his bead while moving into that position. Big gush of air then the bead reseated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by md41969 View Post
Great pics, that trail looks like it was fun.
It was. Challenging too. The constant snow along with the rushing creek made the rocks and logs super slick. Definitely took precise use of the skinny pedal to advance in most cases. Though the silver JKU was running on 37s and made the whole thing look easy. I can only hope to go on it with my own rig soon, hopefully all the way too.

Last edited by Mitchness; 11-23-2009 at 11:16 AM..
Mitchness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
Clydesdale4x4

wanna run it again? Just moved to the area. And would love to check that out.

Currently w/o a jeep, but next year I may, the Pentastar has won me over, and the Terraflex thrid row seating option... Currently wheeling a '91 Bourbon.
Clydesdale4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.