Moab Cliff Hanger Pic!! Yowsa!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Moab Cliff Hanger Pic!! Yowsa!!

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 09-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
07XMan2Door
2007 JK Wrangler 

Moab Cliff Hanger Pic!! Yowsa!!

This photo was taken by my P/O'd Wife at the end of "The Top of The World" trail near Moab. I just had to do it. Great Trail.

On the way up:

To the west, Fisher Towers: Taken from the rock my Jeep is on. Simply breathtaking.

Top of the World:

07XMan2Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
xcape2usa

love the last pic!!! Awesome.
xcape2usa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
my73CJ
1973 CJ5 

There was snow on the ground? I'm heading out Oct 8, I really didn't want snow!
my73CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
07XMan2Door
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcape2usa View Post
love the last pic!!! Awesome.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my73CJ View Post
There was snow on the ground? I'm heading out Oct 8, I really didn't want snow!
Yes, actually on the way from Western Colorado to that trail that day I was wishing I had packed my tire chains. It was 6 to 7 inches deep in places on the way out there, but only 0-4 once we got on the trail. I think the snow actually made the trip more memorable, & we spun a bit in a few spots. The TJ wasn't lifted or locked & he needed a tug or two & did a whole lot of spinning.
Fun trail.
I guess during the bonifide run during Jeep Safari this year, the officiators would not let folks out on that ledge for photo ops.
Unread 09-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
ThrillSeeker
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door View Post
Top of the World:

I have seen several Jeeps on that outcrop... still looks great!
Unread 09-14-2011, 03:59 AM   #6
Mitch_mg
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillSeeker View Post
I have seen several Jeeps on that outcrop... still looks great!
Did anyone ever calculate which weight this outcrop is gonna take .....???
Mitch_mg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
07XMan2Door
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_mg View Post
Did anyone ever calculate which weight this outcrop is gonna take .....???
I was going to do that but spaced it out, lol. Stupid hurts!!
Unread 09-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was there this year, I started to drive out there and everyone I was with yelled....STOP!!! I thought I was really, really close, but I really wasn't.

But, I really don't want to be the one that, well the last one that parks there....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
07XMan2Door
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I was there this year, I started to drive out there and everyone I was with yelled....STOP!!! I thought I was really, really close, but I really wasn't.

But, I really don't want to be the one that, well the last one that parks there....
LOL, nice pic. Ya, it's a bit gut wrenching to get out on the ledge. Especially with a manual tranny. My Wife was yelling at me as well, lol.
Thanks for sharing your pic.
Unread 09-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
LOL, nice pic. Ya, it's a bit gut wrenching to get out on the ledge. Especially with a manual tranny.
Thanks for sharing your pic.
I couldn't see the edge over the hood, so it did make it a bit scary, even where I was. Next time I'm living on the edge... I freaked out two of the guys that were with me when I sat on the edge.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 09-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
07XMan2Door
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I couldn't see the edge over the hood, so it did make it a bit scary, even where I was. Next time I'm living on the edge... I freaked out two of the guys that were with me when I sat on the edge.
Ya, I know what you mean. I had my wife & others who were there pissed off. I actually got in front of my jeep & hung off the front. I'll try to find that pic & put it up.
Unread 09-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #12
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I actually got in front of my jeep & hung off the front. I'll try to find that pic & put it up.

Unread 09-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #13
07XMan2Door
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Here ya go!!
Please keep the flaming to a mininmum. Yes I've had a vesectomy.

Unread 09-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #14
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Speechless.....................

Unread 09-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
07XMan2Door
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Speechless.....................

Ha Ha, Funny thing is I'm hanging on to my shovel & hi-lift jack that is bolted to 2 bolts that I myself welded to my tow hooks. And I'm a crappy welder, lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.