Moab: 2011 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Moab: 2011

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 09-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #31
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Im glad I reread this post, thinking about hitting Moab this weekend and your pictures gave me a good feel for a couple of the trails we wanted to run. Great pics!

Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
mg2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2011, 06:43 AM   #32
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2000xj View Post
Im glad I reread this post, thinking about hitting Moab this weekend and your pictures gave me a good feel for a couple of the trails we wanted to run. Great pics!
Have fun and be sure to report back on your trip.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #33
KLT88YJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Jeffr06 awesome pictures man! I despise you for living so close to Moab (heck of alot closer than Maryland)!! Went out to Moab one time and that was in 2006 (been way too long). We wheeled Poison spider (mesa), Potash Trail/ road and a small portion of Cliffhanger. I can't wait to make it back they're.

Colorado has some awesome trails in the Sanjuans! Last time I was out there I flew into DIA and visited family. Went into the telluride/ ouray area and I was just itchin' to go wheeling! You could actually see rigs off in the distance on some of the "lower" non teener mountain sides!
KLT88YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #34
my73CJ
1973 CJ5 

Just re-read this posting as I am headed out next weekend. Your pictures really give me the itch to get out there and wheel. Great pics! This time we're renting, next time I got to get the old jeep back out there (PO had it out there in 95) so I'm thinking a twenty year reunion for her in 2015. Keep your eyes open, it would be nice to plan a trip out with a few guys from the forum, meet up and wheel.
my73CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #35
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLT88YJ View Post
Jeffr06 awesome pictures man! I despise you for living so close to Moab (heck of alot closer than Maryland)!! Went out to Moab one time and that was in 2006 (been way too long). We wheeled Poison spider (mesa), Potash Trail/ road and a small portion of Cliffhanger. I can't wait to make it back they're.
Thanks. Oh, and "close" I wish....

Quote:
Originally Posted by my73CJ View Post
Just re-read this posting as I am headed out next weekend. Your pictures really give me the itch to get out there and wheel. Great pics! This time we're renting, next time I got to get the old jeep back out there (PO had it out there in 95) so I'm thinking a twenty year reunion for her in 2015. Keep your eyes open, it would be nice to plan a trip out with a few guys from the forum, meet up and wheel.
I'm taking the family on a "Griswold Vacation" next year, with the Garden of the Gods, Royal Gorge, Mesa Verde, The Grand Canyon, Disney Land, Bryce Canyon and Arches National Park all being points of interest to us....and being as Moab is right next to Arches we may just have to do a days rental / tour while we're there.

Have fun, report back how the rental experience went.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 10-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #36
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just relived some of my trip, by watching my vids.

I really want to go back, and do more.

Unread 10-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #37
Silverton34
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm in Moab now with a group of Hummer friends. The weather and wheeling couldn't be better!
Silverton34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #38
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverton34 View Post
I'm in Moab now with a group of Hummer friends. The weather and wheeling couldn't be better!
Are you the Hummer recovery vehicle?

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #39
Silverton34
2012 JK Wrangler 

No Hummer recovery, the Jeep is way too light to pull an H1 anywhere. I'm always in awe of what these H1s can do! Has been a great trip, heading to Colorado for a few days then back to Iowa.
Silverton34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #40
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be back in Moab in 2012.....but I'll be in my car, with my wife and kids, coming back from California. Maybe we'll be able to fit in a rental.

Unread 05-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #41
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It was just 1 year ago that I made my way out to Moab.....I sure wish I was on my way there again.

Unread 05-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #42
jdsbikes

Aw I just bought my wrangler! I've been to moab before. Can't wait to take mine for a spin next time
jdsbikes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #43
jdsbikes

I jut got my wrangler, been to moab before but never in a jeep. Can't wait
jdsbikes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #44
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just had to stop in my old thread and say....I'm going back, May 19-25!

Unread 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #45
Nielubie
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I just had to stop in my old thread and say....I'm going back, May 19-25!
Are you driving down there again or having it towed?
Nielubie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.