Moab: 2011 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Moab: 2011

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #16
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
great pics...thanks for sharing...what a fun trip
I can't wait to go again.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #17
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Awesome pics and a great write up. I wish I could have been there. Oh wait...I was!

It was great meeting and wheeling with you guys. Robbie (my gf) had never done anything like that and she was telling me before the trip how nervous she was. Of course she had some oh %#$^%$ moments but she had a blast and can't wait to go again.

I still can't believe that lady with the flat left her friend and the dog back on the trail. What if she fell and hurt herself? I didn't see her carrying any water and the driver wasn't about to go drive back up the trail if her friend didn't show up. She was so adamant about calling AAA and having them come out to change her tire. Even if there was cell service it would have taken them at least 2 hours to get out there. I also can't believe that she drove right by us without flagging us down for help. Just glad we didn't have to pick up her friend half dead on the side of the trail. It's amazing how people are oblivious to the fact that they are out in the middle of the freakin desert!

It was amazing to see all the water out on Hell's Revenge. It was a much different experience than when I was there last July.

Let me know when if you ever get back out this way. I'll be trail leader on Moab Rim.
Unread 06-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #18
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
Awesome pics and a great write up. I wish I could have been there. Oh wait...I was!

It was great meeting and wheeling with you guys. Robbie (my gf) had never done anything like that and she was telling me before the trip how nervous she was. Of course she had some oh %#$^%$ moments but she had a blast and can't wait to go again.

I still can't believe that lady with the flat left her friend and the dog back on the trail. What if she fell and hurt herself? I didn't see her carrying any water and the driver wasn't about to go drive back up the trail if her friend didn't show up. She was so adamant about calling AAA and having them come out to change her tire. Even if there was cell service it would have taken them at least 2 hours to get out there. I also can't believe that she drove right by us without flagging us down for help. Just glad we didn't have to pick up her friend half dead on the side of the trail. It's amazing how people are oblivious to the fact that they are out in the middle of the freakin desert!

It was amazing to see all the water out on Hell's Revenge. It was a much different experience than when I was there last July.

Let me know when if you ever get back out this way. I'll be trail leader on Moab Rim.
Oh, I'll be back, and when I go I'll let you know. I'd love to do Moab Rim, Elephant Hill, and anything else my jeep can handle, but I'd also love to be able to trailer the jeep out there, so I don't have to worry about making it home.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 06-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #19
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just because I wish I was still there.....

On Onion Creek.

Unread 06-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #20
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, EPIC shots. Thanks for sharing .
thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
Twisky
2011 JK Wrangler 

Looks awesome. I wish I lived on the west coast and could do all these trails
Twisky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #22
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisky View Post
Looks awesome. I wish I lived on the west coast and could do all these trails
I don't live on the west coast, and it didn't stop me from going....just do it!

Unread 07-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #23
Silverton34
2012 JK Wrangler 

Great pictures guys, I did my first Moab trip blind two years ago. I loaded the Jeep on a trailer and just went. The first day I just poked around town and hit the first part of Fins where I met two other Jeeps and tagged along with them the rest of the trip, great guys.

If you want to try Moab just go! There are plenty of people out there who are doing the same thing. I live in the Quad Cities on the border of Iowa and Illinois, any of you Midwestern people who want to plan a Moab trip, I would likely be interested in going.
Silverton34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 07:00 AM   #24
Gymguyjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Love you guys who drive their Jeeps to your destinations, wheel them hard and then drive them home. That is the only way we have done it. The trip in the jeep is part of the fun!

1993 XJ Cherokee - 3" Lift, 31" tires
Previous Jeeps - 1981 CJ-5, 1985 CJ-7
Gymguyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #25
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Great pictures and videos!!!! Looks like a great time. I really want to go back myself. I was out there but not with my jeep and only for camping/hiking.

Jeep Buildhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...hwoods-958674/
jakeWI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #26
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wow! What a Jeep trip!

Thanks for sharing! And your gas bill was just like my trip last year to CO.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #27
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Also... Polecat, what's up with all that tape on your soft top?

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #28
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You were of the last few to do Hell's Revenge if what I read on pirate is true. The people that owned that part of the land sold it and someone is building condo's there and closed it off. Again,t his is what I have read on pirate.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 11:20 PM   #29
Nielubie
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well I would be interested in taking my Rubicon out to MOAB. Hard part is finding people that actually will commit and make it happen. If there is a group going from the Midwest/Chicago land area, please let me know. I'm not much of a mudding kind of guy, but I love the trails you guys were on. I'm a total noob though!

-Pete
Nielubie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #30
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielubie View Post
Well I would be interested in taking my Rubicon out to MOAB. Hard part is finding people that actually will commit and make it happen. If there is a group going from the Midwest/Chicago land area, please let me know. I'm not much of a mudding kind of guy, but I love the trails you guys were on. I'm a total noob though!

-Pete
I have no idea when I'll be able to go again, but I do know it won't be soon enough.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.