Moab 2010 (Three Trips, Lots of Pics) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Moab 2010 (Three Trips, Lots of Pics)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 03-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #31
bigfoot1818
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am headed out to Moab this spring in early May can't wait to crawl for the first time on anything difficult. Nice pics man your rig is a piece of art!

bigfoot1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 03:56 AM   #32
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

great pics asearle. I was out there for EJS last year. first time for me. Had a blast. Can't wait to hit EJS agian this year. just 4 weeks away!! my JK should be ready by then.

looking to do a few more trails this year. you gave me a lot of ideas where to wheel. thanks for sharing!

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" • '07 Jeep JK • 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook • Twitter • YouTube

MrDeids.com • Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires • Poison Spyder Customs • Poly Performance • Rigid Industries • Rock Krawler Suspension • Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff • Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #33
asearle
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowfiddy View Post
might be a stupid question but on theses trails what do you anchor your winch to on some of these spots, not alot of trees from what im seeing.
Like was said, there are winch points anchored into the rocks sometimes, but I would say this is pretty rare. On many if not most of the commonly run trails down in Moab, a winch is not needed for an adequatley built Jeep. However, if winching is necessary, another option is always to winch off of another vehicle that was either able to make it up the obstacle or that bypassed the obstacle (where possible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBjeep View Post
What are the specs for your jeep, I'm a noob at this and in trying to learn what's what, size of lift/tires ect. thanks!

--mike
Yep, all the details are in my profile, but in short:

Dana 35 front axle with Detroit Truetrac
Dana 44 rear axle with Detroit Locker
4.56 gearing
Four inch Teraflex short arm suspension lift
One inch body lift
35x13.5x15 Toyo MTs

Certainly not the most or best built Jeep on the Forum, but it suits me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tato1111 View Post
Is there any trails down there that are easier? It looks like my jeep would be a wreck after going on all these.
One of the beautiful things about the Moab area is that there are plenty of trails for vehicles in just about any stage, from stock to buggy. These are all mostly within 20 miles of Moab. There are some great guides to offroading in the Moab backcountry. Many people like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Backroads-4-Wheel-Drive-Trails/dp/1934838004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
awesome pictures!
Thanks! Hopefully I'll have some more to post up as soon as we shake winter off and get back down South.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedon37s View Post
I cant wait to go for my first time this APR May time period. Where is a good place to camp at?I am taking my wife so I hope we get to go a few times this summer.
If you're looking for someplace that has decent amenities, we've stayed at Canyonlands Campground and Moab Rim Campark...both of these have cabins. If you're looking to sleep on the cheap, though, there are BLM campgrounds all up and down the Colorado River just outside Moab that I think are like $5 a night. We've also stayed at the Pack Creek Campground, which is kind of in between the two categories above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot1818 View Post
I am headed out to Moab this spring in early May can't wait to crawl for the first time on anything difficult. Nice pics man your rig is a piece of art!
Wow! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
great pics asearle. I was out there for EJS last year. first time for me. Had a blast. Can't wait to hit EJS agian this year. just 4 weeks away!! my JK should be ready by then.

looking to do a few more trails this year. you gave me a lot of ideas where to wheel. thanks for sharing!
No problem! I love Moab. I hope you have a great time. By the way, your Jeep is incredible!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.