Moab 2010 (Three Trips, Lots of Pics) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Moab 2010 (Three Trips, Lots of Pics)

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
asearle
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Moab 2010 (Three Trips, Lots of Pics)

OK, my favorite wheeling location is Moab and I think it is far too underrepresented on this forum.

So, I’ve got a collection of photos from our three trips down to red rock country this year that I’m posting here. These don’t represent all the trails we did over the course of the year, but I figure 40 pictures ought to do it…sorry if it’s too many photos, but it’s always so hard to pick favorites.

May 2010

Trail: Poison Spider Mesa

The Wedge

Entering what I call the “air hole” at the end of the Wedge.

Why I call it the air hole.

Our group…all family.

Trail: Steel Bender

The Fall

Random spot on the trail.

Another random spot.

Fins ‘n’ Things

I let my nephew drive this one. It was his first time off-roading…he did pretty good.

Unread 10-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
asearle
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Trail: Moab Rim

Approaching the Devils Crack with the Colorado below.

The Devils Crack

For those who haven’t been to Moab, this obstacle in and of itself is not all that difficult, but the couple hundred foot vertical drop and hard stop on the paved road and in the river below just feet away from my back tires in these shots always makes me appreciate a spotter.

Coming down the Z-Turn…I didn’t get any going up.

A beauty shot with the Colorado below.

Coming down the Devils Crack. At this point, you’re headed straight for the cliff edge just a couple yards straight ahead. You make a hard left and avoid becoming a pancake.

September 2010

Trail: Metal Masher

Rock Chucker

Widow Maker

Traction and power aren’t the issues with getting up this one…it’s keeping your front tires on the rock, thus preventing you from turning belly up. You’ll notice the winch line in some of these shots; it’s not to pull me up, just to keep my front tires down.

Unread 10-25-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
asearle
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Trail: Flat Iron Mesa

An optional obstacle right after the Chute.

Had to use a strap here…you’ll notice the front tires beginning to come up here as the skinny pedal is applied.

October 2010

Golden Spike

Beauty shot

Golden Crack

Unread 10-25-2010, 01:17 AM   #4
DJdave
1995 YJ Wrangler 

These are truly incredible pictures.
DJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
my73CJ
1973 CJ5 

I'm jealous 3 times in one year, maybe some day I can get out there, thanks for sharing
my73CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
asearle
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJdave View Post
These are truly incredible pictures.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my73CJ View Post
I'm jealous 3 times in one year, maybe some day I can get out there, thanks for sharing
We usually try to make down at least twice, but this year we were able to squeeze in an extra weekend trip. I actually sometimes feel bad that we don't get to Moab more often, being just three hours away and all.
Unread 10-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea thats sweet alright. Where did you order your rear short corners from? Thats one of my next pieces to add to the jeep. Beautiful scenery. Is it safe to swim in the Colorado River?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
asearle
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Yea thats sweet alright. Where did you order your rear short corners from? Thats one of my next pieces to add to the jeep. Beautiful scenery. Is it safe to swim in the Colorado River?
The rear corners are Fabtech...I think I ordered them from Quadratec. I've been happy with them. They're very stout 3/16" steel. I actually had problems with one of them when I first got them; it was an issue with the powder coating. After emailing some photos and sending the flawed one back, I received a new one from Fabtech with no hassle. Believe it or not, though, the new one they sent me actually had some kind of six or seven digit serial number stamped on the outside instead of the inside. When they followed up with me by email, I told them about this and attached a picture. I had a response the same day apologizing and telling me they were sending me another new one and that I could just keep the old one. So, good customer service, too.

As far as swimming in the Colorado goes, I've never tried it, but I suppose you could. I believe there is a pretty strong current, though. Rafting is much more common.
Unread 10-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
Volcom02Wj
2002 WJ 

Sweet pics! I can't wait to get down there again. Thanks for sharing
BUILD THREAD
Volcom02Wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
asearle
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom02Wj View Post
Sweet pics! I can't wait to get down there again. Thanks for sharing
Thanks!
Unread 10-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Awesome pics. I was there this summer for the second time with my Jeep and I did Moab Rim and Poison Spider both for the first time. Moab Rim is such a sweet trail and pics do not do it justice.
Unread 10-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Beautiful pictures and nice flex... Thanks for sharing.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #13
wrangler04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great Pictures! Nice rig!
wrangler04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #14
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

great pics...I can't wait to go back...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #15
trentmuir

jealous indeed, tried to do this trail back in august of this year, I got to the fall and chickened out. is there a by pass for this? The cliff on the right side of this scares the ---- out of my wife and I. as one bad move would send you rolling for quite a while
trentmuir is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.