Manastash snow run - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Manastash snow run

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 04-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Manastash snow run

We were going to head up the east end of Manastash ridge but found gates and a seasonal closure until May 1. So we headed up the Taneum to see how far we could get. For the last few years they have been grooming these roads for snowmobiles and skiers. There were no closure signs or snowpark barriers so we just kept going and made it alot farther than we though. I have been wheeling this area for 22 years and have neverbeen into Buck Meadows or Quartz mountain this early in the year.
The culprits for this run, rick, ken, lana, jack, ron. Passengers, kellee, frans, luke.

Stewarts in the background.

A few Elk from the feeding station crossed the hwy in front of us.

Ken and Lana.

We were moving along pretty quickly and every once in a while the ditch would grab you, softer for sure as I found out.

Winching out.

Sunrise.

Camp, 27 degrees in the morning.

Ken and I took different routes to the top of a lookout, he got a little close to the edge.

The Stewarts.

Our high point, Quartz Springs campground. That is as far as the groomer go and it was slow going without the packed down snow.

Made it back down to Ellensburg and lunch and the Roadhouse grill.
A great weekend for everyone who went.

rick

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Awesome.
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #3
THOR114

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Gorgeous...
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982cj8 View Post
Ken and I took different routes to the top of a lookout, he got a little close to the edge.
I'd say so!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.