JGW: Moab 2013 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > JGW: Moab 2013

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #16
Jeeper4life88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Twice!
Gives me hope! I really don't ever plan on towing my jeep to a wheeling destination. I just can't justify a truck and trailer taking up space in my small driveway for the amount of wheeling I do. Not to mention extra maintenance cost on them. For now I will just wheel smart..

2004 Jeep Liberty- BFG A/T's and some skid's and tow hooks, otherwise pretty much stock.
Jeeper4life88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #17
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Kevin did it twice, because I kind of screwed up his first vid, but he did it so easy with that 84" track width I figured doing it again would be a piece of cake.

I just missed the line, but considering we didn't have any experienced spotters I was pretty pleased with my first attempt.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 05:30 AM   #18
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lifting a tire doesn't look so bad, from inside the jeep.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 05-31-2013, 06:32 AM   #19
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 05-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #20
rendell
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Man you made Escalator look easy. I took a look at it and said hell no.

I think people hug the right wall on Hells Gate way more than they need to, which leads to lifting the tire. With the right line it isn't bad at all.

Looks like an amazing trip, I can't wait to make it back out there. Your rig looks sweet too.
rendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #21
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendell View Post
Man you made Escalator look easy. I took a look at it and said hell no.

I think people hug the right wall on Hells Gate way more than they need to, which leads to lifting the tire. With the right line it isn't bad at all.

Looks like an amazing trip, I can't wait to make it back out there. Your rig looks sweet too.
The first time I saw Escalator, Hell's Gate and Tip Over Challenge I said said the same thing....Hell no! This time though I was determined to do them, hell or rollover.

The trip was amazing, I'd love to go back tomorrow.....so long as I didn't have to drive all the way there.

Thanks for the compliment on the Jeep too.....the yellow has grown on me, but I'd still light gun metal or billet better.

Unread 05-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #22
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

One piece of "carnage" that I forgot to mention happened as I pulled out of town and started to merge onto the interstate.....my Sirius XM radio quit working. It's a lifetime subscription, which was sold "back in the day", so it wasn't supposed to expire. Last time I drove out to Moab and back I suffered to the same 6 CD's and very limited radio stations, so I was looking forward to not having to do that again, but I had to suffer all over again....thankfully I had changed the CD's to something different, but by the time I got home I was so sick of them. I'm still not sure why the Sirius quit, because it shouldn't have.

Unread 06-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #23
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 06-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #24
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I did an HDR edit of our first glimpse of the promised land.

I'll probably play around with some other shots, over the next few weeks, or months.

Unread 06-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #25
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

A high speed run through Fins-N-Things.

Unread 06-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #26
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 06-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #27
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some photo's Kevin took with my point and shoot:

Me

The rest have been posted in a gallery in the Moab section of my website: LeiningerPhotos.com

Unread 06-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #28
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the "carnage" from my 145 off road Moab miles:

Engine Skid bent

Transfer case skid scratched

Driver side Rokmen slider dented

Driver side rear control arm bracket dented

Gas tank skid had a fresh paint job before I left

It found alot of rocks....

....and received a new dent.

Passenger side rear shock took a hit

Passenger side of the stock transfer case skid took a hard hit, bent a bit.
(Don't mind the oil drip...I just changed the oil and some got on the skid)

Rear passenger side control arm bracket took a hit.....

As did the front passenger side control arm bracket.

Tie rod made contact with steering stabilizer bracket.

And for the first time ever the track bar made contact with the diff.

All in all, not too bad.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #29
silvergreentj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Excellent trip report. Fun to read on my lunch break!

Low Life-87 slammed e30
silvergreentj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #30
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergreentj View Post
Excellent trip report. Fun to read on my lunch break!
Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.