JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) @ The Badlands: Jeffery 2.0 Shake Down Run. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) @ The Badlands: Jeffery 2.0 Shake Down Run.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) @ The Badlands: Jeffery 2.0 Shake Down Run.

On Saturday March 16th, ksilovich decided it was time to take Jeffery 2.0 out for a shake down run, so a few of us decided to meet up at The Badlands Off-Road Park for a day of fun.

I left home at 5am, 3.5 hours and 222 miles later I was there.

My first viewing of Jeffery 2.0

A few shots of Jeffery:

Once Kevin was done spraying for skeeters and all the gawkers went back to their Jeeps, we decided to get ready to head to the quarry.

Here's some of the others (Sorry, I forgot names).

My Jeep.

Will's Jeep.

On our way to the quarry.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Once in the quarry we wasted no time hitting the rocks.

Kevin was proud of his black cloud.

Then it was time to find big obstacles, point at them and say "Hey Kevin, this one looks easy!"

Turns out, they were easy. So we pointed at bigger obstacles.

This one fought Jeffery, but lost, once I reminded Kevin he had a front suck down winch.

Kevin and Jeffery

Steph, Kevin and Jeffery

They didn't just pose on the rock, they drove over it. I have it on video...but you'll have to wait for that.

Have I mentioned that Jeffery's rear ARB wasn't working? That's right....3 wheeling. His starter had issues too, but nothing a rock couldn't handle.

Before we headed for the quarry Kevin showed us a rear tow point he put on, last minute......

Good thing, because apparently it's still possible to get high centered on 40's.

I'll spare you the hand gesture Kevin provided me with when I mentioned taking that photo.....it's not family friendly.

Kevin wasn't the only one to hit the rocks, the rest of us actually had some fun too.

I handed Kevin my camera so I could actually have photos of me.

I think that felt worse than it looks.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Working his 3-day old MTR's.

Kevin giving Will some directions "This way, that way....." No Kev, it's "Drive, Passenger".

It fought the XJ....

But the XJ won.

Again I pointed and said "Go here, it's easy."

After messing around in the quarry for a bit we decided to hit the Red Trail, it is right next to the quarry, so it only made sense.

From one big rock to another....but this one has a tree next to it that makes it a bit more interesting.

Unread 03-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Kevin wasn't the only one to give this rock a shot.

My top just kissed the tree.

Despite having broken a window on the tree before, we talking him into doing it again.

He made it....but the tree brushed the dust off the rear side window.

After that we decided to actually do a trail....fun for everyone. We followed the quarry rim trail to the creek.

I led the way.

I could always hear Kevin behind me.....not the diesel, his alternator...squeeeeeeel.

84" wide isn't always a good thing.

Plan B.

Everyone else made it between the trees.

Unread 03-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

We made our way down the creek to the big rock.

Kevin tried to climb the big ledge.

The ledge won....this time, I'm pretty sure he'll kill it when the rear ARB is working.

Up......

....and over.

Instead of going through the tubes, I found a couple of more obstacles for Kevin to try.....pay attention Doug. lol.

More power!

He did another one, but it was so "easy" we made him do it backwards....it's on video.

We made our way back along the quarry edge, through Purgatory and down by the quarry pond, where some big rocks were just looking for a thumping.

Apparently if your Jeep can idle up a big rock, it's something to brag about.....whatever.

Take that Prius owners.

I've seen a Jeep or two break here....but not Jeffery.

After that we went back to the lot for lunch, then it was time for Orange Trail.

Half way through Orange Kevin found a place to play.

After some play time we continued on to the rock garden section, that runs along the easy exit road.

Will on the rocks.

Unread 03-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #6
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

My Jeep.

After the rock garden we headed back to the quarry, so Kevin's girlfriend, Steph, could drive.

A little under carriage washing.....well, axle washing.

Will got an under carriage wash....and almost an engine flush.

We cut through a section of the "dunes" on the way too.

I took Kevin to climb I had seen some of the other IndyORV guys do....you know he couldn't be out done, and couldn't say no.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Time to head back into the quarry.

The step up is always popular.

Steph got into the action too.

Steph hitting the big rocks.

Kevin decided Steph had drove enough, and headed to Purgatory.

Kevin's clutch rod broke just as he was getting ready to load up.

This was the best wheeling trip I've had in a long, long time. We drove some trails I had never drove and climbed some things I had never climbed. On the down side I wasn't able to climb a few things, one I had climbed before. I got hung up on my turtle skid once too. 33's probably would have prevented that....so that's what I'll be getting.

The rest of the pics I took....there are a few.

I'm working on the vids..

Unread 03-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well put man. Thanks for all the photos
Next time I will remember my camera.
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

Looks like fun.... Congrats on the successful shakedown....
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Man that looks like fun, I miss the badlands
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #10
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The Video's.

I'll post my trail cam video(s) when I get them done.

Unread 03-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Great report and pictures Jeff. Great time wheeling with you guys.

Kev, a hand gernade shift knob would compliment the interior:-)
White Jeep Club Member #117
TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #12
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cool stuff, lots a great pictures. Four tires smoking and the coal to it, heeha luvin it. The video has some really cool moments also
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #13
mperfection
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for letting me wheel with you guys and had a blast! That cummins jeep is gonna be a tough one to kill after what i saw on its first trip!
mperfection is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #14
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeilis View Post
Great report and pictures Jeff. Great time wheeling with you guys.

Kev, a hand gernade shift knob would compliment the interior:-)
I got an idea for the shifter. But you will have to wait and see it when I finish it
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #15
BRay

Great report and pics Jeffro. Looks like a great day of wheelin at the Badlands.

Jeffery the Jeep looks like a very capable wheelin rig, congrats. Great choice using the 4BT Cummins. Looks like the VE pump has had some tweaking to make some smoke.
BRay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.