Jeeps Going Wild: At The Badlands, Attica IN, 102012. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Jeeps Going Wild: At The Badlands, Attica IN, 102012.

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 10-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #16
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD
Looks like a fun place.
It's always fun, I just wish it was closer to me.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was hoping for at least one picture of me wheeling......but it's not looking good.

I really need to consider hiring me a photographer to ride along.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 10-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #18
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I was hoping for at least one picture of me wheeling......but it's not looking good.

I really need to consider hiring me a photographer to ride along.
I totally understand. Everyone always wonders why my wheeling pics always have a ghost rider. Thats because I gotta get out and take the pic!
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #19
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Great pictures Jeff. I imagine Chris has some great shots too of you guys. Wish I would have made this one to see all of you and do some wheeling.
White Jeep Club Member #117
TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeilis View Post
Great pictures Jeff. I imagine Chris has some great shots too of you guys. Wish I would have made this one to see all of you and do some wheeling.
Chris was driving his XJ for the first time, so I think he was preoccupied.

Unread 10-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #21
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I found a video of Jeff climbing a hill....How do I post to youtube?

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #22
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
On a Normal day I would agree with you Will...but Chris was more concerned with basic things like

- Breathing
- Keeping his underwear clean

On Green, I'm pretty sure a greased bb would not penetrate at times....Chris was that puckered up. Hell his Dad got out and started watching.

Needless to say....Chris was a little pre-occupied.

Unread 10-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #23
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerumps View Post
First step, get an account. If it's on your phone you may be able to post it to FB. Or email it to me, jeffatleiningerphotos.com change at to @.

Unread 10-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #24
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Needless to say....Chris was a little pre-occupied.
Yes, yes he was.

Unread 10-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #25
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
On Green, I'm pretty sure a greased bb would not penetrate at times....Chris was that puckered up. Hell his Dad got out and started watching.
Dad's a smart man. If that thing were to tumble, I wouldn't want him in there anyways! He had a good time, that's for sure.

Quote:
I imagine Chris has some great shots too of you guys.
Jeff's right. No pitchers. I was a little bit busy trying to break my Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Chris was driving his XJ for the first time, so I think he was preoccupied.
Definitely. Doug's rendition of the story is, even with its descriptive exaggeration, is very very accurate.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #26
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
Dad's a smart man. If that thing were to tumble, I wouldn't want him in there anyways! He had a good time, that's for sure.

Jeff's right. No pitchers. I was a little bit busy trying to break my Jeep.

Definitely. Doug's rendition of the story is, even with its descriptive exaggeration, is very very accurate.

I'm ready to go back, that was by far one of the best Badlands trips I've had.

Unread 10-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #27
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's how my jeep looks after this weeks wheeling trip....the rain we had didn't clean it off much at all.

Now, I think it's time to wash it.....maybe.

Unread 10-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #28
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm still waiting...........

Unread 10-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #29
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I guess I'll share my experience with the XJ here.

Had a blast. The thing did far better than I expected. With that said, the rear suspension is lacking. Shackle relocation dropped down the axle too much that it's making the shocks act like limiting straps at ride height. Those things gotta go asap. Next would have to be tires/lockers. I was spinning all day long. Whether that's the tires or my right foot is up to you do to decide. I think a locker or two would do the trick. Next, I'd have to say some lift and sway-bar removal would definitely be nice. I left them on because i have some more trimming up front to do and I didn't want to slice any tires. All the little stuff that you forget to do before heading out to wheel.

My list of problemos for the day:
  • Low-speed fan motor/relay died leading me to overheat. Swapped over to high speed and away I went.
    Intake hose wasn't tied down. Some of Jeff's zipties fixed that.
    Serp belt was slipping constantly. Either need some kind of idler to get more contact on the pulley or tighten the belt up.
    Airbag light came on as soon as we hit a mud hole. Guessing the module being full of mud didn't make it happy.
    Got some dirt and rocks in the bead of the FR tire. Leaked down to flat in about 2 mintues Had to switch to the spare.
    Jeep died in the middle of a nice mud hole. Turns out the PDC battery connection bolt had come loose and was letting everything flop around.
    Hit a deep trench (shown above actually) and soaked the ignition. Thought I toasted the engine, but actually just got some stuff wet. Need to seal all of that up.

Thanks to Jeff and Doug for letting me use their tools. Would have been in big trouble without them. I'll get my pictures and video up soon.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #30
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
I guess I'll share my experience with the XJ here.

Had a blast. The thing did far better than I expected. With that said, the rear suspension is lacking. Shackle relocation dropped down the axle too much that it's making the shocks act like limiting straps at ride height. Those things gotta go asap. Next would have to be tires/lockers. I was spinning all day long. Whether that's the tires or my right foot is up to you do to decide. I think a locker or two would do the trick.
Not your skinny pedal application. Either Lockers OR more Droop and you would have been fine. Several instances where you were a 2 and 3 wheeling rock star only because you couldnt flex enough.

If I were you, I would fix the flex issue first and then look at lockers. If it were me I would do it all at once.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.