Jeep & Camping Trip Pictures to Colorado - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Jeep & Camping Trip Pictures to Colorado

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #16
Malebolgia
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Pics like this are one of the reasons I love living in Colorado.

Malebolgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #17
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

^Well living there, who needs pictures? At least that is what I thought growing up there. Tough area of the country to move from!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #18
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Grogie - I'm almost to the point where I am going to drop everything here in FL, move to Ouray and drive for one of the tour companies.
Unread 08-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #19
grogie

2006 TJ Wrangler 

^I hear you if I was single I'd move back to CO! However jobs are really tough in the area though. My mom lives north of Montrose and she's been telling me that a lot of guys have had to take jobs outside of the area for their families to survive, or have had to just move them out. U-hauls are in short supply!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

Unread 09-01-2010, 02:48 AM   #20
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Wonderful write-up! Looks like a really fun trip! Ironic...I was born in Denver, but haven't been back since I was "0"! Got to change that...

So, you let a little bit-o-snow get in your way? :-)
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #21
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Grogie,

Great pics!! I changed my plans at the last minute and went to Colorado instead of Moab to beat the heat...when I get a chance I am going to post some of my pics...

I can't remember the name of the trail now that I am at work, but did you turn around at the Crystal Powerhouse, or did you run the rest of that trail?
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #22
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Grogie,

Great pics!! I changed my plans at the last minute and went to Colorado instead of Moab to beat the heat...when I get a chance I am going to post some of my pics...

I can't remember the name of the trail now that I am at work, but did you turn around at the Crystal Powerhouse, or did you run the rest of that trail?
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #23
camper49
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I enjoyed looking at your pictures....thanks for sharing.

'98 TJ wrangler sport.....gunmetal blue
XJ d30/rubicon TJ d44...33's with popular suspension mods

want to read my build threads...they're long with lots of pictures
camper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #24
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
^I hear you if I was single I'd move back to CO! However jobs are really tough in the area though. My mom lives north of Montrose and she's been telling me that a lot of guys have had to take jobs outside of the area for their families to survive, or have had to just move them out. U-hauls are in short supply!

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm looking at moving to Grand Junction and then taking some time to make contacts in Ouray with the tour companies and figuring out what the winter job situation is like.

I still like Grand Junction over Colorado Springs. It's pretty close to Ouray and Moab for weekend trips.
Unread 09-08-2010, 04:23 AM   #25
grogie

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
Grogie,

Thanks Yoda! I think you are talking about Schofield Pass/ Devil's Punch Bowl. No we didn't continue on to it.

I'm looking forward to your pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm looking at moving to Grand Junction and then taking some time to make contacts in Ouray with the tour companies and figuring out what the winter job situation is like.

I still like Grand Junction over Colorado Springs. It's pretty close to Ouray and Moab for weekend trips.
Well one positive is that rentals are plentiful I've been told. Which wasn't the case a few years ago.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

Unread 10-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #26
robphillips00
2009 JK Wrangler 

Fantastic pics, makes me want to go.
robphillips00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #27
silbotta

very cool
Unread 12-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #28
Kaotic55
1955 CJ5 

Awesome pics God I love being born and raised here!!. . .God willing the tree huggers dont get there ""Hidden Gems bill" passed if that happens we will lose a good half of the best high country trails (Not even a montain bike allowed in(Foot and Horseback only))

Let me know if you plain a return trip we can go up to some of the other great trails/ghost towns. . .( theres still a couple out there that you cant find on the net )

Great trip report!!
Kaotic55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #29
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I got to get out there, awesome pictures. Where you at in Indiana, I am in Terre Haute.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #30
gmgreen
1983 CJ7 

Enjoyed reading your post and looking at the beautiful pictures. Looks like you had a great time. I am going to have to look into that tent.
gmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.