Hit Some Local Trails And Broke Some Stuff - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Hit Some Local Trails And Broke Some Stuff

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 06-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
notmyj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hit Some Local Trails And Broke Some Stuff

Two of us hit some Local trailsWe had a good time. We covered alot of trail real fast, then the carnage happened. I managed to break a front ujoint on the drive shaft (and hit ted with the cap), then broke the front left leaf spring, then snapped the right front spring center pin. It took a little bit, but we managed to get out in just over an hour. Then on the way out, the other guy threw a belt. Mine is the one that is NOT comp cut.

This was my first time out with the new 37x14x15 Irok bias plys. Love this tire! They grab everything and did very well even in 2wd with a front axle that was moving around alot.

A testament to the sidewall strength of the Bias ply Irok... Here is the other guys front tire. Just happened to stop there and it sat like that for a short while.

We got some vids too...

Here is the one where I pop the u-joint. The cap actually hit my spotter, as you can see right at the end.

My BUDGET York OBA Install
Budget Welding Cart
Carling Contura Switch Panel

If it has tracks, tires or tits, its gonna cause a problem.

"Everytime someone "upgrades" a D35, an angel looses its wings."

"Dizzy" - What SnoopDog would call a Distributor if he was a mechanic. I cringe every time I hear this moronic term

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
Send lawyers, guns and money. The **** has hit the fan...
92, 4.0, AW4, 8.8, D30, 15x10, 37's, SOA etc, etc
92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)
notmyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.