Evan's Creek WA 4-9-11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Evan's Creek WA 4-9-11

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-12-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
RBxj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Evan's Creek WA 4-9-11

RaggedOleMan and I had a last minute chance to hit Evanís Creek on Sat.
Me not being an early riser we decided to meet at my house in Buckley around 10:00am. We stopped in at the Burnett Chevron to top off the tanks and grab a few snacks. Then off to the hills. Pretty un-eventful and actually a nice chance to check out my new Aussie up front to match the rear Iíve been running for a year or so. I was impressed with the way they worked, we both basically idled up through the ice and snow till we hit the old Window Breaker hill. The weather had warmed up enough to make the icy snow slicker then snot and I found myself advancing in a backwards direction. Winch time. We both winched through this area and made the top with no further adventure. Also no more batteries no our camera. click Image for a little slideshow.

On the way out on the main 7920rd we encountered a lone TJ stuck. It took us what seemed like a coupla hours to get this young couple pulled and winched out. Then the area was too narrow to get them turned around so the poor guy had to back up a mile or so, with another tug or two from ROM to get to the wide spot to turn around. We parted company at the entrance and they were off for home.

Then for ROM and us it was off to The Rainier Bar and Grill for good grub and stories.

Great times.

Unread 05-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Dead as Osama Bin Ladem batteries? Hmmm...I had batteries but forgot to snap pics of our struggles. Perhaps "forgot" is a bit misleading, eh? Yeah, more like "ain't no body gonna see our f-ups!"

The lower 311 was just fine & uneventful..until we got to what many call Window Breaker Hill. Since ragtop Tj's, Yj's & Cj's, don't have rear 1/4 windows to break, that would leave hardtops & Xj's as being responsible for the moniker...

The winching worked up a sweat...

Easily remedied by removing some clothing.

Once we got to the end of the lower 311, we stopped to eat a bite & gab a bit. It wasn't long though, before mother nature beckoned Rob...so we set out, on a journey to the campground where Mother Nature's call could be dealt with accordingly.

I'd never seen ole Rob drive so darn fast! Guess he had to go pretty bad...

He's up there somewhere...

I must be catching up, there's the campground up ahead.

And there's Rob! Hurry up, man!

Barb stayed in the warm & dry as Rob headed off for the cold & damp...

And I lurked around the outside like a crummy paparazzi on a mission...

Rob, you alive in there? Hey! Rob!!!!!!

I went to check on him and discovered it was quite a trek to get "down" to the outhouse! There's was 4-1/2 - 5' of snow up (down...) here...

As I shouted & laughed at him in there, I thought of how bathroom humor & art have changed. When I was a kid, people scribbled stuff like; "Here I sit all broken hearted, paid to *****, but only farted! IN a hurry, can not linger, look out a$$ here comes my finger..."

And below that poem was usually another that went something like this; "Those who write on bathroom walls, roll their ***** in little balls, and those who read those words of wit, eat those little balls of s___...

There was always an etched image or two, a few phone numbers that I always assumed were put there by guys pissed off at the girl friend, wife or whatever, too.

I admit considering rigging up the winch to that outhouse and making this a day to a day to remember! But alas...getting older and knowing how wrong that would be, creeped in and I abandoned the thought.

Robb was good to go and we were soon rolling again. Well, perhaps "rolling" is a bit generous...whatever it was, it didn't last too long. Rob found a way to get stuck in the middle of the damn road! Kriste-o-mighty, spent the first half of the day waiting on his ragged-ole-self at outhouse central, and now he's stuck! Geezus, Rob!

We got him out pretty quick. Actually, when Barb set out with the winch line in one hand, she soon foun out how deep the snow was! Almost had to winch her out of some deep stuff! That was worth a picture, but it didn't happen...

And neither did either of us take photo's of the young couple we helped. Poor kids, had a bone stock Tj with no recovery points...we helped them like two fatherly type old dudes should, and that was pretty much the end of our wheeling for today.

We headed back down to air up & get some dinner & a drink or two. Great day! Thanks Rob & Barb! Until the next time...

~John
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:38 AM   #3
RBxj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Good stuff Bro.....Funnier then all get out............

Damn I didn't realize how deep the snow was cause we had such an easy time 90% 0f it.

And when nature calls my skills seem to improve exponentially. It was really hard to get back out of the outhouse. Thanks for offering a hand to help me up without even asking which hand you should trust.

Yeah I still love ya....

You always get the best pics, they always show my *** while airing down or my beer gut.

Next time we go out which I hope will be soon, I plan on taking two cameras and their chargers hooked up to my inverter. We might get a few really scenic shots during your payin the rent on the mornin coffee stops

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.