Evans Creek 6/28/2010 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Evans Creek 6/28/2010

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-29-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Evans Creek 6/28/2010

Rs4Race (Jeff), his brother Mike and I met for some Monday wheelin' at Evans Creek...we did the;

311 lower
520 lower
520 upper
198 to the...
520 lower again, (backwards/downhill) and down to the trail head.

A bit of trouble here and there for the Toy, but all in all he & it, did fantastic...

This is Window Breaker Hill. Jeff makes easy work of it...

This was the only time we had to winch Mike all day long...

After the lower 311 it was a drive in the park...we made our way to the lower 520 and then the upper 520.

Here's Jeff at the rock garden on the upper 520.

Along the way a couple of guys tagged along. The Fj was Kyle and Dj rode shotgun. Never got the other guys name. He bailed when we hit the gravel road.

When we finished the 520's, we decided on the 519. Neither Jeff, Mike or I had ever done the 519...

Jeff & Kyle went about foolin' about...and a little posin'...

Rollin' again...

Okay, WTF is this thing? This is that spot I've heard about. I believe the Trail Nazi talked story about this section of trail...Kyle and his Fj scooted down before I got there. I was behind Mike who was behind Jeff who was behind Kyle. We all got out and gathered around this thing, pickin' our lines. Jeff was first...

Piece of cake...Jeffrey made it look easy...now it's Mike's turn...

Well, the line Mike took put him in harms way. Brother Jeff & Dj to the rescue...

I got lucky and found a good line to the left. After we all cleared it we took a few minutes to take a shot or two of the thing...

Here's Kyle posin' afterwards,,,

It was a great day! No carnage, no damage for me and another 5-hours of seat time under me belt...

Last edited by RaggedOleMan; 06-29-2010 at 11:22 PM..
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here's some shots the others took of me @ 519 Trail at the rock outcropping

519.3.jpg   519.4.jpg   519.5.jpg   519.6.jpg   519.7.jpg  

Unread 06-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
awkragt
2007 JK Wrangler 

Cool Trip. Looks like a fun set of rocks there.
awkragt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
chazharris97tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i wanna go there so bad. do you think a mostly stock tj 4banger with 2" lift and 33s can make it lol.
chazharris97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazharris97tj View Post
i wanna go there so bad. do you think a mostly stock tj 4banger with 2" lift and 33s can make it lol.
That Toyota 4-Runner in the photo's above, did it open on both ends on 33's. Sure, he had to get winched once, and had some periodic troubles, but, came out with out any cosmetic or mechanical issues. That said, myself and his brother were along and were prepared for him. Not so sure it would be a good idea to go with a larger group, as you may slow others down and/or feel stressed to perform. Go with two others on your first Evans Creek run. At least one of those guys should be familiar with the trails up there...

Also, most of the Evans outings that I attend are posted on another northwest forum; WAVJC http://www.wavjc.org/forum/index.php

You may need to register on WAVJC. It's not nearly as large a site as The Jeepforum, but, it has its place locally. Hope to see you out at Evans in the future. Don't go by yourself...

Last edited by RaggedOleMan; 06-30-2010 at 05:33 PM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.