Evans Creek 2 Apr 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Evans Creek 2 Apr 11

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 04-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Evans Creek 2 Apr 11

Yesterday this ORV area opened after the winter closure. I was the 1st one on the trails today and never saw another sole, except in the parking area. 2 inches of fresh snow on top of 1-2 feet of frozen snow. I ran 311 to the top. From the top to the campground, I was in a foot deep ice rut. From the campground back to the entrance, I was blazing trail in at least 1 feet of snow/ice at 2.3 mph. I then ran 102 to 198, then blazed trail back to the campground. I had to let 5psi more air out of the tires after loosing traction on ice and rock on a uphill climb on 311, cut 1 fallen tree just before the 102 trailhead, and dig the Jeep out of 2 feet of frozen snow at the day-use area.

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
yelset

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the pictures Andy, looks like a good time.
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
bsutton
1983 CJ7 

thanks for the pics!.
i would love to get out there and wheel someday!!

keep them coming!

brian
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
overtheedge
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like a good time
overtheedge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the report, Andy. I'm planning on heading down at the end of the month with some friends. I haven't been there in some time and I'm looking forward to it. Evan's Creek has always been a favorite of mine.
Unread 04-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #6
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea View Post
Thanks for the report, Andy. I'm planning on heading down at the end of the month with some friends. I haven't been there in some time and I'm looking forward to it. Evan's Creek has always been a favorite of mine.
You're welcome. I talked to Ian the Park Ranger at the Desert 100 yesterday and he said they had rescues the day I was there after I left at 2pm. Apparently people were getting stuck. Of course they weren't in Jeeps! Evan's is a good sub for Naches in the winter.
Unread 04-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

When it's open.

Didn't they close Evan's Creek down between Dec and Apr?
Unread 05-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #8
JKKiD
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'd love to hit this place up, but I'm relatively new to jeepn. The only trail i've been to in Washington is tehuya, and we go there every other weekend. How built up does my jeep need to be to get through this trail? I'm sitting on 32s with 2inch lift (07 jkx) and my buddies on 33's with 5 inches (91 yj) No lockers on either rig, yet. But I do have a winch.
JKKiD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Should be good for Evan's Creek, the entire Naches Pass, and most of Manastash Ridge area (115 sq mile territory of 4x4 trails). Most of Walker is probably ok, too, as is much of Liberty when it's dry.
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

great pics and looks like a great time...beautiful too
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.