Epic 5-Week Cross-Country Jeep Safari - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Epic 5-Week Cross-Country Jeep Safari

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 12-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #76
richrigg07
2009 JK Wrangler 

Looks like a nice trip!! Nothing like that here in New England

richrigg07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #77
wildkardboyz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was injured this year in a terrible car accident not my fault. so I got rid of all the fast stuff and I too purchased a jeep to do a trip like this. She is almost ready. But the next time or next year you want to do a summer trip I would love to tag along with you im in pa now but since the accident took me and placed me on long term disabilty I am available at anytime. Accidents some times can be life changing. Hope to hear from you and love your trip... cheers....
Unread 12-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #78
SpaceWrangler
Gnarly Adventurer

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Where the Girls Dance Different With Familiar Grace
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithert View Post
I saw your link to this on advrider. Nice report. How much off the TAT is accessible by four wheeler? I'd like to go on the Mississippi part with my LJ and XT225. Mississippi just because it is due south of Illinois.
Hi, fellow ADV dude.

By most of the accounts I've read of the whole thing, the TAT is mostly Jeepable until you get into the wilds of Colorado, Utah, and westward. Some of that is singletrack. Perfect for a dirt bike, but not so much for a street-legal Yeep.

But the Mississippi portion is entirely Jeepable, save for a couple water crossings, depending on the time of year (flooding from hurricanes, etc). Bypasses are marked on the TAT maps you get from Sam.

For a great TAT Ride Report, check out Cannonshot's...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225458

Wildkardboyz, here is a link to information on the Trans-Eastern Trail, which includes a lot of stuff in your area (PA)... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508552

Unread 12-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #79
SpaceWrangler
Gnarly Adventurer

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Where the Girls Dance Different With Familiar Grace
Quote:
Originally Posted by prstone50 View Post
Nice report! I too am on advrider and have been thinking of continuing my adventures by Jeep instead of 2 wheels. Are there any groups similar to the Ironbutt Association for the Jeep crowd? The adventure rider crowd haves few life list rides, like the Trans Lab or Dempster highway rides or TAT as mentioned in this post. Any Jeep drives on must drive lists? Just Jeep curious haha.
I'm Stretch67 on ADVrider. Here are a couple of my own ADV rides that could be done by Jeep:

Alaska... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240664

... and the Blue Ridge parkway... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523035
Unread 12-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #80
odss91b
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I just read the ride report on the TAT that seems like it would be a fun trip in a jeep. Definitely more comfortable even in a YJ!
odss91b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #81
TheBestWes

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but, it's epic! I'll be preparing my Jeep for this trip in 2017 as a graduation gift to myself. You should check out OutdoorX4 magazine. they only have 2 editions so far, but it's a great read! its an expedition/outdoorsman/jeep modding magazine that goes perfectly with this lifestyle.
TheBestWes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.