Elbe Hills Fun Run 6/13/2010 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Elbe Hills Fun Run 6/13/2010

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Elbe Hills Fun Run 6/13/2010

The Elbe Fun Run was great! I don't have time right now to post a complete write-up + pictures, but will edit/add to this post later this evening or tomorrow. Hope admin will allow me to Edit this post tomorrow! I did manage to make all 7 check points without any trouble. Trails we ran were (i think...)

SUMMARY;
1. Sunrise
2. Mainline
3. Mainline Extension
4. Gotcha
5. Rainier Vista

I didn't do the rock descent at the top/by the bowl. In fact, a Toy on 39's wussed out, too...The fun spots (for me) were the Alder Trail and the Rainier Vista. Sunrise was good, too. Lots of carnage for many on this absolutely gorgeous day....you name it, they broke it...my poker hand was 2-pair; 3's & 4's..

We didn't stick around for the 3:30 poker deadline/drawing. Instead, we bailed and went to the 1500 Road via Skate Creek/US 12 and over the pass that BaddAndy took my on a month or two ago. The snow is all gone from up there! We got to Whistlin' Jack's aired up, fueled up and fed our faces and returned via Hwy 410. I left that morning at 6:00 am and got home about 10:30 pm...man am i bushed...

A few quick shots;

Cherokee at the log run on Gotcha, or Alder, not sure which it is.

This is the rock climb at Rainier Vista. I had to take the bypass to the left. The Jeep in front was locked all around on 35's and made it unscathed. (I'm open in the back/d35 on 33's...)

First checkpoint on Sunrise

Log run shot

Blazer on the Alder Trail. This was a tough spot, however there was a bypass that I took. A small, tall stump made the bypass a bit gnarly, too.

Before this obstacle there was one that had about a 3-4' drop on it right next to a tree. Damage was almost guaranteed but, I made it safely. One guy had his brakes fail and ran uncontrollably into a tree. Not sure what his rig was. He was among the throng of bystanders looking to see the carnage and I spoke only briefly to him as I naviated the obstacle.

Great day! More pics later...

~John

RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looked like a good time! I'd like to get to WA someday. Thanks for sharing.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.