Elbe Hills 6.11.2010 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Elbe Hills 6.11.2010

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Elbe Hills 6.11.2010

I met TrailJunky and PopCancherokee @ Elbe for our day of wheelin.

I believe we ran everything backwards today! This is the upper end of the Gotcha Trail and where we started our day around 10:30/11:00.

More Gotcha...just beyond this bridge is a great little spot for foolin' around in the mud/dirt...That's TrailJunky up front and PopCanCherokee is in front of him, just out of sight.

There's Dave a.k.a. PopCanCherokee...after a few attempts at this mud slide he heard a "pop". We all made our way up the hill and stopped at the top to assess things. Only 10 minutes (+/-) into the trail, Gotcha got PopCanCherokee's passenger rear axle. Now Dave has a two piece, rear passenger, custom by Gotcha, axle shaft...Dave insisted he could drive back to camp and get it swapped out for one of the several spares he had in his inventory...

With some reluctance, TrailJunky and Trevor a.k.a. mini-PopCanCherokee, and my son Jess & I headed off in the other direction down the trail.

Onward...

The BusyWild...yes, we did the Busywild, on foot...we walked down to check it out and see what all the fuss was about. We walked about 500-750' or so up the trail and could see how this gnarly section of trail, likely earned its reputation. It wasn''t in the cards for TrailJunky and I on this day, but it's in our future...

Approach (or end) of BusyWild...time to go check on PopCanCherokee...

There's the welded Lockrite inside the d35 carrier... Dave is trying to get the short end of the busted shaft out...

Notice the two spares over there? The third one, (standing up) is the long end of the busted shaft. Looks like Dave has everything under control, so TrailJunky, Jess, Trevor & I all hit the trails again. This time we did the Swamp Trail the Alder & Alder Loop, the Mainline and a section that Trevor called the "EasyWild".

This was a fun little spot. Tim, (TrailJinky) and I, both of us having little to no experience here at Elbe, decided to get out and check out the upcoming obstacle. It consisted on a knee deep, oatmeal consistency mud pit with a small wall at the end. After devising a plan, Tim positioned himself and made his attempt.

No cigar...let's try again!

*****....again!

Okay...one more. Ready, set, go!

Success! We hooted and hollered like the nooby's we are! Next it was my turn. No drama, I was able to walk up without any trouble. The difference a front locker can make...

We continued on, but, I failed to take any more pictures. Sorry...

It was a fun day. We got back to PopCanCherokee's remote garage location to talk story...we found Mike (Samari Mike/Rockstar?) was there when we got back. When we finally left around 5:00 or so, we passed JeeperCreeper among the throngs heading into the area for the weekend Fun Run.

Hope TrailJunky got some pictures to supplement mine!

RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2010, 06:23 AM   #2
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
Great photos, and that picture above says it all. Sweet!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Great pics .
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like it was a fun day...despite some breakage.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
inwadventures
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for sharing!!!! I love the busywild!!!! At least once every now and then. If you are trying to keep your rig somewhat straight... it is far more stressful.
inwadventures is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.