Easter Jeep Safari Photos and More - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Easter Jeep Safari Photos and More

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 05-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
MJR

Easter Jeep Safari Photos and More

I went out for Easter Jeep Safari this year (first time for Safari) and spent a total of 21 days from Moab to Lake Powell to Durango and Silverton. I based out of Moab and trailered my motorcycle out. I took a few days (break from wheeling after Safari) to do some riding in Colorado (Durango and Silverton) and ride the Durango-Silverton steam train. I really enjoyed the time.

Ok here's some links and a few photos to look at.

Click Here for Easter Jeep Safari '06 Photos

Click Here for Moab-Durango-Silverton Photos

Click Here for more Moab Photos

From Toyota the FJ Cruiser's were on the trail during Safari

It was rough being there

Me on a water crossing, Hole in the Rock Trail

Scenery was ok

View from Top of the World

Click for larger panorama image

Just before the rollover (I caught it on video with sound)

Click Here for the Rollover Video, 9.7mb file

Primedia TJ napping

Riding the Durango-Silverton steam train, we hit a car shortly after leaving the station.

Rode the bike to Silverton

Click here for a larger panorama

Liberty shows a TJ (TJ was on it's side when we showed up) how to do Escalator

Ok enough I'll let you do the looking through my 3 1/2 week trip on your own. Hope you enjoy them.

Mike R

Unread 05-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
NS Jeeper

Nice pics ! How did the FJ Cruiser perform ?
NS Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
MJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS Jeeper
Nice pics ! How did the FJ Cruiser perform ?
Pretty good considering. It's well skid plated. One of the guys said the manual trans gearing wasn't low enough. One other strange thing I hear was when you lock the rear diff the traction control turns off completely meaning the front diff goes open. Not that a rear locker isn't a big help. There was one display at the vendor show showing a lift and bigger tires (33x12.50R17).

Mike R
Unread 05-15-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
NWilhelm
1999 TJ Wrangler 

that rollover looked painful. I take it the guy didnt have a good roll cage (or one at all). Was he ok?

-Nick
'99 Chilli Pepper RED Jeep Wrangler TJ: Black Hard Top/Strapless Bikini/Viking Fast Back Top | Warn Rock Crawler Front Bumper | Homemade Rear Bumper | Black Herculiner interior | Rokmen Rear Corner Guards |

Red Jeep Club Member #352
NWilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
MJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWilhelm
that rollover looked painful. I take it the guy didnt have a good roll cage (or one at all). Was he ok?

-Nick
Not really sure but if he had a cage it must have been made out of exhaust tubing. The stories I hear range from being released to dying on the way to the hospital. I do know that his head was touching the ground and had amnesia after being pulled from the vehicle. The Ford had at one time a sunroof which was removed and covered by plywood. On the first roll it fell out along with the windshield. When the roof crushed and came to rest on top his head was against the ground. It was through this sunroof opening that they pulled him out of. I can only assume he was pushed down to the floor.

Mike R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.