Dod Rd in Hollywood, Ga...WOW - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Dod Rd in Hollywood, Ga...WOW

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
TheMadMike
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Dod Rd in Hollywood, Ga...WOW

All I have to say is WOW we got there at 7PM and I got home at 3:30AM last night. What a trail. We had my 95 ZJ, 89 XJ, 2002? TJ, 95 Ford ranger, and a 89? Ford Bronco. All but the bronco are lifted on 33" tires.

The carnage was the Ranger blew its front main seal on it trans in the last mud hole on the trail. The TJ drove 3/4 threw the mud hole and had to winch himself the rest of the way out. He then winched out the ranger. The rest of us turned around and went back the way we came. This mud hole was probably 50+yards of rutted out deep mucky mud. My problem came on the way out. I too the same line I used on this 30FT mud hole and fell off into it and sat on both axles with all 4 tires free spinning. It took us over a hour of snatching it with the XJ to get me free. The XJ ended up over heating but was ok.
Here are some pics

The bronco stuck. What was he thinking?

Then my phone dies...
This morning.

Today I have to find out where the oil leak is coming from. I installed a new rear main seal in it yesterday morning and its leaking works than before.

TheMadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

why does the thread title say "wow?" all you have are some pitch black blurry pictures of dirt and some headlights.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
TheMadMike
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
why does the thread title say "wow?" all you have are some pitch black blurry pictures of dirt and some headlights.
It says WOW because its an awesome trail. Not for the pics. You try to take pictures on a trail in pitch black with only headlights and a camera phone.
TheMadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

yeah, the pics make you work to imagine what you are talking about, BUT the evidence on your Jeep...it says you had a really good time...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
rabunjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ive been to Dodd rd, / Bending Hickory lots of times. Its very muddy and if you dont know which lines to take youre in for a mess. The only times I ever go is at night time so I aint got any good pics either. Here is the only ones I have.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.