Colorado & Utah Road Trip 2010 (LOTS OF PICS) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Colorado & Utah Road Trip 2010 (LOTS OF PICS)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #31
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
Did you camp around Crystal Mill? If so, any recommendations? I'm planning a trip to CO for this summer. Thanks...
Yeah we had a quick change of plans when the devil's punchbowl was not clear. We ended up back tracking to Bogan Flats camp ground which was really nice. We camped right next to the river and it was our second favorite camp site of the trip (Devil's Kitchen being #1)
Here is a link to some info:
Facility Details - Recreation.gov, Bogan Flats Campground & Grp S (CO) - Recreation.gov

and here is the pic of our camp site

tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #32
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpeditionXJ View Post
Have a thread on the Zodi mod?

Dont know what site we have at Devils Kitchen, i'll have to ask my bud.
No real thread, I just went to autozone, bought a valve stem and drilled a hole. It works really good, but I think it does increase water usage.
Unread 06-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #33
grogie
Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj View Post
Yeah we had a quick change of plans when the devil's punchbowl was not clear. We ended up back tracking to Bogan Flats camp ground which was really nice. We camped right next to the river and it was our second favorite camp site of the trip (Devil's Kitchen being #1)
Here is a link to some info:
Facility Details - Recreation.gov, Bogan Flats Campground & Grp S (CO) - Recreation.gov
Thanks for the tip! I remember being to the Mill as a kid, and I had no idea where it was? Looks like we'll stop there on our way to Ouray.

EDIT: Well I made a reservation at this camp site for two nights. I may only use it for the last of the two nights, but this will be my backup for the first night. I've scheduled two days to drive from Denver to Ouray so I have time to drive some trails between the two. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

Last edited by grogie; 06-27-2010 at 07:06 AM..
grogie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #34
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Great pics...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #35
Diamond-x
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like a great trip, I love all the shots of the old structures.

Way to use the Jeep to it's potential!
Diamond-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #36
Rlew0083
2007 JK Wrangler 

Man, looks like a great trip. Nice photo's.
Rlew0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 07:46 AM   #37
Unlimited04
Read tech links in my sig

2004 LJ Wrangler 

awesome pictures and trip. i'm uber jealous! how often did you need the lockers? front or rear?

those are the kind of trails I run, and tires i'm getting, so i'm trying to judge if I should rethink TrueTrac's
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #38
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
awesome pictures and trip. i'm uber jealous! how often did you need the lockers? front or rear?

those are the kind of trails I run, and tires i'm getting, so i'm trying to judge if I should rethink TrueTrac's
I only used the lockers in the snow climbs and a few times in Moab. My toyota had spools front and back so it was a new experience to be able to turn
Unread 06-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #39
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

awesome pictures. looks like a blast!

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #40
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like a ton of fun. Great photos. I can't wait to explore around once I get my jeep out to Utah in the next few years.
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #41
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

almost my dream vacation! looks like a blast!

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #42
Chiles
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Joint Trail at that Chesler Park looks like Tattooine.
Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 05:05 AM   #43
beerbuggy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

man awesome pics thank you for sharing them now if i can find my way back to this thread i can show my wife the pics i have been trying to get her to move to colorado for 2 years we havent been able to go for vacation there maybe these pics will help thank you....
beerbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #44
ColoJeepWife
2007 JK Wrangler 

We are heading to Bogan Flats this summer - do you happen to remember which site number you were in? It looks beautiful. Thanks!
ColoJeepWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #45
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

SIMPLY WOW! Looks like it was a blast! Any critters bother you besides that fox?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.