Colorado & Utah Road Trip 2010 (LOTS OF PICS) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Colorado & Utah Road Trip 2010 (LOTS OF PICS)

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #16
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great pictures, looks like it was an awesome trip, and you all had a great time.

Unread 06-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #17
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the pics, looks like a good time. Just about every weather condition for you too

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Its called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #18
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm a bit jealous of the trip... It really looks like a good time. Maybe in a few years when the boys (2 and 4) are a bit older, we'll do a road trip. They do ok on local trails, but I think that 7 days straight in a loud xj is a bit much
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #19
je4wdep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ouray, Colorado is the best for "scenic trails". July and August are the best times to go. We are retiring this year and hope to purchase an RV for full time living. Summers in Ouray and winters in South Texas.
Unread 06-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #20
shadysailor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Freak'in awesome pictures, I go to CO once a year to hunt, I may need to extend my trip and have some wheeling fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures, sweet LJ

Good luck with the future move if it works out.

Not to be forgotten:
2007 WK
2000 WJ
1995 YJ
shadysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #21
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Great pictures!!! What were the dates of your trip? More specifically, when were you in the Silverton area? We are going to be back there in about a month and are really looking forward to it.
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #22
HikerX
2014 WK 

Looks like a great trip! Beautiful pics and a nice Rubi.
HikerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #23
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
Awesome pics. I'll be in both places again the last 2 weeks in July and I can't wait. Might send you a PM about the trails in Moab that you ran.
Thanks man, Feel free to ask me any questions about the trails we have run
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #24
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
Ah man it just pains me to see that picture. I drove that trail about 4 years ago. I was having the time of my life. But I got off to a late start due to a longer than expected hiking trip in the morning and it was about 3pm or 4pm when I left the town of Crystal. By about 5 or 6pm I still hadn't reached the Mill. I was probably going much slower than I needed to. In part because I had my 3 month old son in the back, in part because I was alone and inexperienced. Anyway, it was getting dark and it looked like it was going to rain (again). At that time I was driving my old 99 Sahara with half worn Wrangler GSAs that I just didn't trust in the rocks on those shelf roads in the rain, so I turned around. I think I was probably about 1/2 to 2/3s of the way there when I turned around. That is if I was still on the right trail. So now I feel defeated everytime I see a picture of the Mill. I so much wanted to see it. Some day when the kids are older I will get out there again. There are a lot more trails I would love to drive now. But that trail is the one that really got me hooked on Jeeping. I can skip the offroad parks. What I love is easy/moderate trails with fantastic views that the average tourist can't drive.

Your trip looks fantastic, I want to do everything you did. Your campsites are all awesome. Are you just in the National Forest somewhere or were those actual sites?
I am sure you will find your way back there someday. All of our campsites were designated sites. Hands down the best site was devil's kitchen in canyonlands. There are 4 sites and they all have crazy caves that incorporate each site.
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #25
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJeeper91 View Post
Great pictures!!! What were the dates of your trip? More specifically, when were you in the Silverton area? We are going to be back there in about a month and are really looking forward to it.
We were there from the 13th to the 16th. You will love it. I know that if I could make a living there I would be moving in a second.

My first step of my job hunt went really well, so hopefully thinks will work out to get us up to Colorado for good
Unread 06-19-2010, 08:01 AM   #26
ExpeditionXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj View Post
I am sure you will find your way back there someday. All of our campsites were designated sites. Hands down the best site was devil's kitchen in canyonlands. There are 4 sites and they all have crazy caves that incorporate each site.

Nice pics!

How do you like the Zodi extreme? Are you able to get a full shower on a onetime pump/pressurize of the cannister? I'm considering replacing my Hot-Tap style Zodi to eliminate the pump/batt's.

I thought that was Devils Kitchen, i have a reservation on Sept 9th, a friend found that camp years ago and he tells me it's his favorite that he's found so far.

Thanks for sharing... and good luck gaining employment there.
ExpeditionXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #27
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpeditionXJ View Post
Nice pics!

How do you like the Zodi extreme? Are you able to get a full shower on a onetime pump/pressurize of the cannister? I'm considering replacing my Hot-Tap style Zodi to eliminate the pump/batt's.

I thought that was Devils Kitchen, i have a reservation on Sept 9th, a friend found that camp years ago and he tells me it's his favorite that he's found so far.

Thanks for sharing... and good luck gaining employment there.
The shower is great. I was able to get a good shower out of one tank of water. As for pressure, I run my CO2 setup so pressure stays constant. I just set the regulator to 20-40psi and enjoy the shower.

We stayed in campsite 3 at devils kitchen, and 4 seemed really cool too. Hands down the best campsite I have ever stayed at.
Unread 06-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #28
ExpeditionXJ

Have a thread on the Zodi mod?

Dont know what site we have at Devils Kitchen, i'll have to ask my bud.
ExpeditionXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #29
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Great looking trip. Thanks for sharing. I'm doing the ouray and surrounding trails next summer with my 2 kids. Cant wait.

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 04:25 AM   #30
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj View Post
Crystal Mill
Did you camp around Crystal Mill? If so, any recommendations? I'm planning a trip to CO for this summer. Thanks...

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.