Canadian snow wheeling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Canadian snow wheeling

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Canadian snow wheeling

So we have an area up here in the Vancouver area that's been closed off to us 4 wheelers for quite some time. We (our local 4 wheel drive assoc. and members of different local 4X4 forums) have been in discussion with the city that owns the area and the private property (a golf course) that owns the land that lets us access Eagle Ridge Mountain. This a great area that we all enjoy that is quite local to the city and doesn't require a long drive. We've established a key access program that allows us access legally (and to keep out the rif-raf - i.e. car burners!).

Yesterday I got my Jeep back from my shop with what some of you may know was a rear shock up travel problem being rectified. Some friends and I decided to make a day of it and go up above the snow level and have some fun.

Here's the pics of me and my rig.

The inital obstacle. A sheer wall approx. 4 feet high. Very hard to climb without getting your belly hung up. Not easy because of the sheer drop off to the rear of my Jeep. But it's one of the only angles to approach it from. Lockers are a MUST to get up this one.

Up, but not quite there yet. Watch your belly! A spotter is a definate asset for this one.

Up but now it's time to hit it...hard! Skinny peddle!

A buddy trying a different line. Short arms on 33's, so he couldn't follow my line.

Phew! We all made it. Up up and away we go! Snow, here we come!

We got to the top. Usually a great view of the city but we're above the clouds. But we still got dumped on with snow. 2-4" (?) in the 20 ish minutes while we were there? 2500+ feet I'm guessing. From a sea level starting area.

The return trip:

Had to cross a snow covered rickety old bridge made of logs over a creek to get out.

I'm on it. Please make it withstand my heavy UNSavvy Jeep!

Hug the wall after the bridge to avoid a BIG stump...or you're going back in the creek!

I made it. Phew!

And now back...and down that initial wall that we had to climb.

Hey! My Jeep now has flex with those fixed shocks! 4.5" worth! Yay!

Front end down...now gentle with the rear!

The second part of the wall to get down.

Again...you're there, but watch the rear....BANG! Yep, I need a Savvy GTS!

All in all, a great day had by all and I learned that my Jeep now has proper rear shock up travel!

Snow wheelin' Canadian style! It's a blast.

OK...I need a HOT shower after seeing those pics. It was COLD (and wet)!

VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

This was the rig to beat today:

2005 LJ. Custom built Hi-9's, 5:13's, Alloy USA inner and outers, 5.5 RE springs, custom long arms, Currie A/R front and rear, TrXus 37's on 17" TrailReady beadlocks. The list goes on...and on....and on. Locked, loaded and everything top notch, best of the best. An absolutely stunning rig.

Some of you may recognize him from Moab.

Unread 04-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

WOW looks like a LOT of fun!

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

I am an Authorized IRO dealer!!
SILASPRIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

It is a fun area and was lots of fun. But I'm imagining from my time spent in Colorado (EverGreen area) that you would have very similar kinds of terrain.

We were just happy that we got through the political stages of things and were actually able to go back to this area again (legally).
Unread 04-10-2010, 02:28 AM   #5
Wranglin4Life
1993 YJ Wrangler 

That jeep in the front looks awesome. Bet its hard to get that one stuck
Wranglin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 02:31 AM   #6
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Yep, it is, but that doesn't stop him from trying at any opportunity there is!
Unread 04-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

real awesome pics. ive been wanting to wheel up in Canada with some people i know up there for quite some time.

Jeep Buildhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...hwoods-958674/
jakeWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeWI View Post
real awesome pics. ive been wanting to wheel up in Canada with some people i know up there for quite some time.
Head on up! PM me.
Unread 04-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #9
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like your wheeling environment is similar to ours here in the Seattle/Western WA areas. No surprise there, eh? Would love to make a weekend or more out of exploring some Canadian trails with you guys!

Then too, your welcome to visit and wheel in our neck of the woods! Honored to have you.

~jL
Tacoma, WA
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #10
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
Looks like your wheeling environment is similar to ours here in the Seattle/Western WA areas. No surprise there, eh? Would love to make a weekend or more out of exploring some Canadian trails with you guys!

Then too, your welcome to visit and wheel in our neck of the woods! Honored to have you.

~jL
Tacoma, WA
PM me. Let's exchange particulars.
Unread 04-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #11
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

PM sent.....
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 02:58 AM   #12
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Man I got to say you have an awesome rig, great pictures.
Unread 04-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #13
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's good to see that you get to use public lands again! Awesome pictures... looked like fun!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.