Calabogie Wheelin and Camping - May 2013 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Calabogie Wheelin and Camping - May 2013

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 05-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
STORM_JK
2013 JK Wrangler 

Calabogie Wheelin and Camping - May 2013

Decided to go camping in Calabogie, Ontario for the long weekend along with a bit of wheeling fun. Since we had to pack up 8 people in two vehicles (my WJ and a Power Wagon), my jeep got loaded from the front seats back up to the roof, and the Wagon carried 6 people, 4 coolers and a canoe!

Although we were able to fill every nick and cranny of our trucks, it meant we would not be wheeling until we hit the campsite and unloaded. Unfortunately the nicer trails are at the beginning of the main 102 pass, and we were camped over an hour and a half from there...

After alot of driving, some sketchy off cambers and beautiful sights, we arrived at Tin Camp. First thing first, we unloaded and started a fire to cook some hotdogs for lunch.

We decided to go for a drive and see if we could find any nice trails around the campsite, and sure enough there wasn't much.

After enough was enough we turned around and headed back to camp, I guess my buddy got bored halfway and just wanted to flex.

And of course with this trip being the first time out having the WJ I wanted to see what it could do

Got back to camp and started cooking supper, 4lbs of steak, baked potatoes, and deer sausages. All I can say is WOW! Best camping supper I've ever had!

I noticed a certain boulder while having supper, so I looked at the Jeep, then looked at the boulder, looked at the Power Wagon, then back to the boulder. That's when this happened

And that's when the battery died, which is okay since it rained most of Sunday and Monday was pack up and leave. All in all I'm very pleased with the Dub only having a BB and 245's, although a bit more height would be nice since I did rub the skid a couple times. Plus I don't want it to to look puney beside the Wagon after it gets the 6" and 37's on haha!

Hopefully next trip will have more trucks to split loads so we can get more wheelin done.

Unread 05-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
Jeeper4life88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! looks like a fun time. That supper looks good!

2004 Jeep Liberty- BFG A/T's and some skid's and tow hooks, otherwise pretty much stock.
Jeeper4life88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.