Bundy Hill 4x4 park- Michigan - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Bundy Hill 4x4 park- Michigan

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Bundy Hill 4x4 park- Michigan

Here is a video I made of a recent trip to Bundy Hill off-road park in Michigan with a local 4x4 club. The XJ in the end is stuck in an obstacle called "Warn Valley". He broke his front axle (gears actually, which you can clearly hear), ripped his brake lines off, ripped his oil pan, and opened his cooling system in the few seconds of video I got of him.

Im kind of proud of this BTW, lol.

And of course, the pics.

My friend and I towin' the beast. Its not a single truck, it has parts from just about everything. It just looks like a dodge.

We made this driveshaft at 3am the night before. Can you tell? ;D

Custom interior.

Then this happened on a sandy hill climb. Broke a u-joint. But our fab work held strong! Broke a second u-joint on another hill later in the day too.

Then, after that break, the park owner tried to tow us back to the front, but instead dropped us in a DEEP hole with near vertical walls (the park was a quarry). We thought we might loose the truck in the water, it kept sliding further in. His jeep BTW, is too damn powerful for its own good. It has a brand new chevy 502 crate engine in it. And he was yanking on us like he was towing a radio-flier wagon.

Warn Valley

Great Lake Gorge. This obstacle is VERY steep, and has a vertical ledge at the top. While climbing back up, we saw nothing but sky, and had our front wheels airborne after giving too much gas (scary).

Cross country trail riding. That orange jeep was fun to follow. It had a propane powered 350.

These poor bastards werent with us, and were stuck there all afternoon and after dark.

Hill climbing

Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's

Last edited by Avian; 11-23-2009 at 09:41 PM..
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

Very nice! Looks like lots of fun.

Brandon
H3RTCH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
Mitchness
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I definitely like that XJ in the 9th photo. Looks like you guys had fun (while that other group did not ) How much HP is the propane Jeep making?
Mitchness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchness View Post
I definitely like that XJ in the 9th photo. Looks like you guys had fun (while that other group did not ) How much HP is the propane Jeep making?
Im not sure. Its not built for power, I know that. The guy just wanted something that would run at any angle. He said he could go farther on a full "tank" of propane (2 20lb cylinders plumbed together) than he could on a full tank of gas.

And yeah, that XJ is bad ***. TONS of money into it. All good high quality parts. Not sure on all of the specs, but it does have 8 lug axles on it, and full hydro steering.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2009, 12:18 AM   #5
Mitchness
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
The guy just wanted something that would run at any angle. He said he could go farther on a full "tank" of propane (2 20lb cylinders plumbed together) than he could on a full tank of gas.
Nice!
Mitchness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.