Badlands 3/5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Badlands 3/5

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Badlands 3/5

Not going to have a ton. Just did easy stuff since I am stock and just got front hooks on. Got stuck on a couple trees somewhere on green and got a winch off. Then got stuck again trying to get on the trail (longer then TJ wheel base is not fun in tight spaces). I need to take it easy until I get a rear recovery point though (and lift and bigger tires but that is a different story). Also got stuck going down a hill where my longer then TJ wheel base killed me. Oh well was still fun. Did have to take my right rear fender flare off due to it coming loose. I was told I did some three wheeling due to sway bars being connected.

Some pictures.
Playing, still has sway bars connected also.

Did the creek, water was high, but not too high (was about a couple inches away from the bottom of my XJ)

I like these trees.

Some other Jeeps.

More to come.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Where I got stuck (probably a lot due to first time wheeling my own Jeep)

I think a chain saw or ax needs to be in at least one Jeep when at badlands.

It will stay dirty for a few days as a badge of honor, then I will wash it.

Other rigs.

Even tiny rigs.

Posing in front of the tubes.

Some of the Naxja guys.

This photo is brought to you by

Full size and mini

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
Unread 03-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
Flaggdog
1979 CJ7 

Looks like alot of fun. I wish I could have made it, I planned on making it, but it just wasn't in the cards for me this weekend. And if it keeps raining I might have to trade the jeep for a boat just so I can get to work Monday! Again, thanks for posting. I'll be looking forward to more pics, just to torment myself.
Flaggdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Rossi16
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You just get some tow points on the back then come hang out and use the skinny pedal lil more then you will be all good
Unread 03-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Great pictures!! I wish I could have been there!
Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Country View Post
Great pictures!! I wish I could have been there!
Had it not been raining and I would have been riding more, I would have had more pictures. Hopefully in June I can have a little more fun and not get stuck where I did (probably get some place else since I can't afford a lift at the moment {rear leafs are sagging pretty good so I need a lift with new leaf packs}).

Unread 03-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
RCXTREME

I was there but the only JF guy I got to do any riding with was B2Carpen b/c we were there for the NAXJA ride.
RCXTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

And that NAXJA group we road with was huge.. it was loads of fun waiting... and waiting... and waiting some more for the 15 rigs in our group to make it through the orange trail lol. Felt like rush hour in the city

But either way, still had a blast wheeling and talking with you again Jeff! Hope to wheel again sometime soon.
Unread 03-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #9
bsutton
1983 CJ7 

i need to get out there one of these days!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.