Allgood_73 - Wilson County Fair Offroad Challenge - 8/23/2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Allgood_73 - Wilson County Fair Offroad Challenge - 8/23/2012

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 08-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Allgood_73 - Wilson County Fair Offroad Challenge - 8/23/2012

This was my very first race in the jeep and it was absolutely amazing! I feel I did well for my first time and could have came in the top three on my second run if I had not barely snagged one cone on the concrete wall obstacle. Plus, nothing REALLY broke and the jeep handled perfectly. The reason I say "REALLY" is that on the first run, after the big tire / tree obstacle in the middle of the track... I had a hard hit and held on to the Grant steering wheel a bit too hard..... as I bent it completely in half (which is why you see me go outside the lines afterward and my blinkers were going CRAZY while trying to turn).

My wife filmed from the bleachers and I had two GoPros setup on the jeep (one inside and one on the front bumper). The video from the bleachers and 1 of the GoPros is below.... I will post the other GoPro video from INSIDE as soon as I get the memory stick from my friend.

First run - View from bleachers

First run - View from front bumper

First run - View from inside
Coming soon.

Second run - View from bleachers

Second run - View from front bumper

Second run - View from inside
Coming soon.

Here's a shot of my 2nd run line up:

Here were some of the less fortunate that broke (notice the nice & new Cat telehandler coming to the rescue):

A bunch of friends came out and supported my first run which was truly appreciated. Josh even got to ride with me on the second run. Some of the ladies were a bit occupied though during the races by taking pictures of themselves, such as this one that I found on the memory card:

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just watched the second vid, looks like you tilted more than 45 degrees when your left side went over that obstacle.
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It definitely felt like it for sure! It was a pretty gnarly ride... and I can't wait for next years run after I've had a little more seat time in the jeep.

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome videos! Ill be in Nashville this Nov. for my brothers wedding. Would love to see that thing!

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
TNoffroad
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Dustin, thanks for coming out.. I loved watching your Jeep launch.. Mark your calendar August 22nd next year.
TNoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Just now getting around to watching these videos. That looks like a blast!

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
colegrove03

Dustin I had a blast with you at the fair and appreciate you letting me ride with you on your last run! it was awesome! I will try and get the videos to you today after work!
colegrove03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.