Allgood_73 - Turkey Bay @ LBL - 5/28/11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Allgood_73 - Turkey Bay @ LBL - 5/28/11

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Allgood_73 - Turkey Bay @ LBL - 5/28/11

*** The two GoPro vids below are available in 1080P HD which is pretty cool watching them. Click on full screen in the bottom right, then change it to 1080p in the bottom right ***

1080P GoPro HD - Trail Run + The Trip Ending Radiator Tree Branch
At the end, one of the branches snapped and went directly into the bottom left of my radiator. It broke one of the mounts that held the radiator in place, bent it backwards, and so the fan and pulleys hit the fan shroud which is the noise you hear after the hit. I had to keep going in order to get onto flat ground. When I first saw it, I thought it was a lot worse that it was... hence my "oh noz", lol. Enjoy!

1080P GoPro HD - Mud Puddle

Going Up One of the Challenge Hill Climbs

Hill Climb With Some Butt Pucker Moments

Rock Garden - Part 1

Rock Garden - Part 2

FINALLY got my wife to drive. She did a great job, but she forgot that you still have to give it some gas in 4 low.

Part 1

Part 2

Packed up and ready to head out:

Our enormous packing for just two people:

Pulled into LBL and needed to turn around. The trailer's dove tail dug straight into the ground and the trucks tires were in mud. The truck was stuck and wouldnt budge, even in 4 Low. I ended up having to back the jeep off and winching it back. What a great start!

Our camping spot:

Now for the real stuff.... we didnt take as many pics on this trip, as we mostly took videos. This was the first challenge area we went to... it was pretty insane hill climbs. This doesn't look like it, but look at the pic my wife is standing in to get an idea of the height.

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

After the challenge area, we came across hill climb after hill climb after hill climb... which pretty much sums up LBL.

Even though a ton of people were at Turkey Bay, these are the only other two jeeps we ran into all morning Saturday... this goes to show how big the place is and how easily it is to get lost.

Found a little creek to pose over:

Turkey Bay OHV does have two rock gardens in the very back. One is pretty small, the other is a decent size. The rocks range from small (8-14" high) to boulders which are 4' or higher in size. Put it this way, I beat the shiznat out of my skid plates, tie rods, and diff covers.

But I completed both sections without body damage:

But speaking of body damage, here is the first damage I have ever had to the jeep. I was driving a trail and a medium sized branch got popped up from my front tire, and hit directly between my frame rail and skid plates... right into the tub flooring. It hit so hard that it knocked my front off the gas pedal and the floor was knocked up about 4". In order to continue driving, I had to take a mallet and knock the floor back down.

Saturday afternoon, we found another jeep to run with and had a blast:

While following the other jeep, I talked my wife into FINALLY driving.

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Unread 05-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Day 2 (Sunday):

After putting the stake through my radiator (see vid at top), my co-workers son was "wheeling" it while it was being trailered back to camp:

THE END

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
Prryan45
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice thorough write up.
Prryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
weems
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Gosh I miss that place. I graduated from UT Martin, about 45 minutes from there. In Florida, we have NO hills, so quite a bit different! Looks like you had a great time!
Aussie Front Locker
4.56 Gears
Currie 44/Dana 30 chrome moly
weems is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
85CJEric
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, its amazing that I came across your pictures. My wife and I were talking about taking her JK and my YJ out there. We're in Clarksville. Give me a shout next time you head out that direction. We'd love to jump in if you don't mind since myself and my wife are new to the Jeepin scene
85CJEric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.