Alabama Choccolocco Mountain Trail Review - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Alabama Choccolocco Mountain Trail Review

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 09-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Alabama Choccolocco Mountain Trail Review

We went to Choccolocco Mountain today (9/4/10) and what a AWESOME Park. Trails and Trails everywhere. Arrived at 12:00PM and did not leave till 6:00PM. 6 hours of exploring of fun trails and really did not repeat that many trails. They have trails for everyone from the novice beginner to the hardcore trails. If you have a stock jeep, you will find trails that you can do. Over 200 trails and obstacles to choose from. These trails wide enough for full size vehicles and we found that 95% of the trails are marked and the map at the gate was really great. We knew where we were most of the time. Something that was neat was like on the Peddle Hill, the had a bicycle hanging on the tree with the name. On the trail Tin Can, they had a large tin can by the entrance of the trail.

We stayed on trails that were rated from 1 to 3 since that was our class. This would be a great small tire ride. A lot of the trails names fit the names. You can look on the map (red trails) and listed are the trails that we did today:
Peddle Hill - 3
Radio Flyer - 3
Burrow - 2
Blower - 3
Baja - 2
Rockwell - 2
Ground Hog - 3
Ghost Hunt - 2
Voltar - 2
Mud Hill - 2
Payton Pl - 2
Chicken Trl - 2
Swamp Rd - 2
Swamp - 3
Blue Ridge - 2
Chain Link - 2
Overlook - 2
Scenic View -1 to 2
Arsanal - 1 to 2
Tombstone - 2
Bulldog - 2
Phoenix -1
Fizzle - 2
Gauntlet - 2

We did walk over to the famous "Boat Ramp" and as we were approaching, it claimed another victim - orange Toyota. We heard the sound of a driveshaft hitting the ground. The pinion yoke left with the drive shaft.

We looked at some of the trails that had names of fear, like Mercy, Hell's Revenge, Execute, Elevator that might make some of the big boys tremble. Again, the name of the trails fits the trails.

The park has clean bathrooms and showers. We met the owner and he was super nice. He was in the process of digging a pond so folks could kick back and do some fishing. Also we noted a lot up things that are being built to make the place even better for a family outing. Again, we were really impress with this place and the attitude of the owner wanting to make this a great place. All of the folks we met were super nice. The cost of $20.00 for the day and $30.00 for the weekend was a extremely great value. You got your monies worth. The trip from Leeds to the park was 1 hour. Plenty of parts stores near by for any parts that you might break. Also several motels and restaurants near by.

I would give this place a 5 out of 5. You can see our pictures at : Choccolocco pictures by jw_britt - Photobucket You really need to visit this place.

Unread 09-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a nice place to wheel. Can't wait to get up there next year.

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
jkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

sounds like a good place to wheel...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
lurch9

2005 LJ Wrangler 

looks like a great place to ride. im gonna try to make it up there before christmas.
Unread 09-26-2010, 12:57 AM   #5
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

That place looks great. Wish I had known about this place over the summer. I would have went if I did.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Planning to go this Sat 4/9/11. Anyone up to it?
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #7
lurch9

2005 LJ Wrangler 

If I get my aussie put in on friday night I will go. Might have to put the aussie in saturday night tho...depending on the wifes schedule. Can definately go sunday if that works for you. Shoot me a pm if interested.
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #8
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

We got a few guys going on Sat. We might camp out Sat night.
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #9
imfrompa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey ranger... thanks for helping me through the trails.

This place was pretty nice for my stock TJ with 32s. Lots of trails in the 1-3 rated range that were doable.
imfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I had a great time. Would have had a better time if the jeep did not act up. I would have got you on a LOT more trails. Next time soon.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.