8 Day San Juan Mountains, CO Expedition - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > 8 Day San Juan Mountains, CO Expedition

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #46
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

okay, um, so does anyone in Colorado have a job opening for a slovenly Vegas bartender?

bigj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #47
her99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

just curious...how built up does one's Jeep have to be to go somewhere like that? With recovery mods of corse...!

Her TJ

www.indyorv.com
her99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #48
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by her99TJ View Post
just curious...how built up does one's Jeep have to be to go somewhere like that? With recovery mods of corse...!
A stock jeep will do fine on most of the trails out there. My brother's TJ sport with a 2" lift on 33s and my friend's stock Rubicon did fine out there. A stock vehicle would just need to go a little slower and pick your lines more carefully. Black Bear Pass and Poughkeepsie Gulch are the only ones that you really might need some modifications. A couple inches of lift will help a little on Black Bear but is not necessary if you're careful or don't mind hitting the ground a little. Poughkeepsie Gulch is the real difficult trail where lockers and some lift help a lot. And if it's wet like in our case, a winch will be necessary to continue the trail. Hope that helps.
4.5" RE SF Lift, 1" BL, 35" Cooper Discoverer STT, Lockrite Locker, 8.8 Rear, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, Sliders, Skids, Bumpers, Rear Stinger, RockCrusher Diff Covers, 8000# Winch, Herc'd Tub, Homemade Deck Cover, On Board Misting System and Faucet
UTmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #49
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Had to take another look and give it bump....and a crawl.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #50
tahoe wheelers

Wow great trip, thanks for sharing!!!
1985 cj 7. 360 V8, 35X12.50 BFG's sitting on Crager 15X8 rims, summer brothers axle rear, Yukon axles up front, lock rite lockers front and rear, 5" of lift, body armor, six point roll cage, 8000lb warn winch, 4.56 yukon gears front and rear, t-18, dana 300. And much more on the way.

www.therockgods.com
www.reno4x4.com
tahoe wheelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #51
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I couldn't resist.....bump...crawl.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2008, 06:03 AM   #52
BirdsFanVa
2007 JK Wrangler 

ONe of the most enjoyable threads I have read in a long time.

Thanks for sharing.
07 Black Sahara Unlimited 2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift, RE quick discos, 3/4" front spacers, 16x8 soft 8's, BFG 33x12.50's MT's, Shrockworks rock rails. Bulldog rock crawler winch bumper, Warn M8000 and lot's of armor! (Mine)

08 Redrock X Unlimited (Hers)

http://www.novajeepers.com
BirdsFanVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 10:39 AM   #53
xmonger
2003 WJ 

Awesome. Inspirational. Thank you.

I would love to drive out there but NJ is an eternity away. Any place rent jeeps out there?
Unread 09-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #54
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post

I would love to drive out there but NJ is an eternity away. Any place rent jeeps out there?
I know that Ouray and Silverton have Jeep Rental places. I am sure the same is true in Durango and Telluride.
Unread 09-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #55
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post

There's TONS of places to rent Jeeps in Ouray, which is right in the middle of that whole trail network. Just google "Oura, CO Jeep rentals" and you'll get a list of a bunch of them in the city.
4.5" RE SF Lift, 1" BL, 35" Cooper Discoverer STT, Lockrite Locker, 8.8 Rear, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, Sliders, Skids, Bumpers, Rear Stinger, RockCrusher Diff Covers, 8000# Winch, Herc'd Tub, Homemade Deck Cover, On Board Misting System and Faucet
UTmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #56
CBlakeNS

Awesome pictures and sights....that house or whatever it is is sick up on top of the mountain.
CBlakeNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 07:50 PM   #57
drerict
1983 CJ7 

I live in Alamosa, CO and have not done any of those trails. I have to get the CJ reliable first.
drerict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #58
Altimeter
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I will bump this thread, for the sheer beauty of the pics. It looks like an awesome time, for sho'.
Altimeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #59
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for sharing these pics. This seems to be one awesome vacation. I wish I lived somwhere near trails like this.
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #60
97tjeff
2008 JK Wrangler 

truly amazing. the epitome of a jeep off-road adventure.
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.