8 Day San Juan Mountains, CO Expedition - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > 8 Day San Juan Mountains, CO Expedition

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 09-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #16
ThrillSeeker
1998 ZJ 

Very nice pics... And to think most think CO is not a off-road friendly state...

Unread 09-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #17
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Awesome pics. I was out there in June and had a blast.
Unread 09-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #18
ratster
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I made that trip a couple of years ago.Best trip EVER and I'm ready to go back!
ratster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #19
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice pics, cool report. Post up some video too.

Curious how many total miles on the trails? How many miles a day?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #20
Lifesgoodhere

How far in miles were you on the trail? It looked amazing. I wish I could go somewhere like that with my Jeep after I restore it!

Jeep: Taking YOU to natures beauty for over 60 years
*The Homestretch ---- Finishing the Hammer. It's on!!
Lifesgoodhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #21
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm uploading the videos to youtube. I'll post them up on here once they're done. As for mileage, it's hard to say. There's hundreds of miles of trails out there. Your speed varies greatly depending on how difficult the trail is. Black Bear Pass was only about 9 miles but it took us half a day to do. Other trails are longer but not nearly as technical so you can just drive over them. We were probably driving about 8 hours a day. TrailDamage.com has details and mileage for all the trails in the area.

http://www.traildamage.com/google_colorado.php
4.5" RE SF Lift, 1" BL, 35" Cooper Discoverer STT, Lockrite Locker, 8.8 Rear, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, Sliders, Skids, Bumpers, Rear Stinger, RockCrusher Diff Covers, 8000# Winch, Herc'd Tub, Homemade Deck Cover, On Board Misting System and Faucet
UTmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2008, 09:30 PM   #22
pankake
2003 TJ Wrangler 

We were stopped by the same snowdrift in Yankee Boy Basin last year. A family was headed up using goats as pack animals they hauled up in a trailer. It was quite amusing watching the little Toyota pickup trying to pull the trailer to the parking area below the drift.

Also found that my connecting rod for the sway bar was broken the first day when we camped in Eureka.

Great pics.
pankake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #23
slimP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Great pics, thanks for sharing.
--==(Blue Jeep Club Member #11)==--
--==(Pride, Heritage, Tradition - The American Legend - JEEP)==--
slimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 12:47 AM   #24
elgrubicon
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Really nice pictures. You should post more of the pictures. I am going to camp and take my jeep out there one of these days.
Unread 09-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #25
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow, these pics are aweome, and the trails look amazing. Thanks for sharing your pics with us, and i really hope to make it out there some day.
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #26
jdhughes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Dude Colorado is the best! Hopefully i can get out there with a buddy next summer after we graduate.
jdhughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #27
red96jeep

wow i'm soo jelous, i'd like to do that some day. and thanks for the link to traildamage.com that site is very helpfull
Rocky Mountain Edition Club member #4
project vehicle
new 2002 jetta 1.8t DD
red96jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #28
Asored2000
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty much echoing everyone else...What an awesome looking trip! Some of those white knuckled switchbacks looked sketchy as hell
Unread 09-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #29
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I added 5 video clips from California Pass, Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass, Yankee Boy Basin, and "The Wall" On Poughkeepsie Gulch to my first post.
4.5" RE SF Lift, 1" BL, 35" Cooper Discoverer STT, Lockrite Locker, 8.8 Rear, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, Sliders, Skids, Bumpers, Rear Stinger, RockCrusher Diff Covers, 8000# Winch, Herc'd Tub, Homemade Deck Cover, On Board Misting System and Faucet
UTmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #30
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTmike View Post
I added 5 video clips from California Pass, Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass, Yankee Boy Basin, and "The Wall" On Poughkeepsie Gulch to my first post.
Very cool. I'll have to put that on my "Must do" list. My fear of heights kicked in....and I didn't even no I had a fear of heights.

There had to be some definate butt pucker times there.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.