Why does my G Wag keep dying? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Why does my G Wag keep dying?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsOconee Off-Road Jeep Night!SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 11-26-2001, 02:02 PM   #1
joebobbuckwheat

Why does my G Wag keep dying?

My 88 Grand Wagoneer keeps dying on me. When I'm idling or coming to a stop it'll just decide to shut off. I've checked timing spark plugs, fuel filter, and thats all ok. I've heard it could be an oxygen sensor, or something w/ the distributor. Are there any Jeep Jeniuses out there that know what's wrong?

joebobbuckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2001, 09:17 PM   #2
Bruce

Is your idle set where it should be? Did you check for vacuum leaks around the intake and carberator? Is your fuel supply up to par? Does it do this everytime you come to a stop?
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2001, 12:15 AM   #3
joebobbuckwheat

idle has been adjusted numerous times. vacuum leaks have been checked found and fixed, I guess something could be bad w/ fuel line, but I use good gas. There isn't really a pattern to when it decides to stall. I guess it does it a little more when it's warmed up, and when I brake harder
joebobbuckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2001, 03:54 PM   #4
francis higgins

Could be your brake booster. If there is a tear in the diaphragm, it could cause this, especially when you hit the breaks. Plug the hose to the brake booster and try driving it when warm this way. Give yourself plenty of time to stop though! You may want to do this on an empty road.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.