what would you pay for 1990 non-op waggy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > what would you pay for 1990 non-op waggy

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 10-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Banshee88
1979 FSJ Wagoneer 

what would you pay for 1990 non-op waggy

First time poster so hopefully you can help out.

1990 Grand Wagoneer 98k original miles. Parked in a garage and sitting non-running for at least 2 years (Montana car, no salt winters). Nice body (assume no rust) and leather interior with power everything.

What would you pay for it? Do you think my concerns are valid?

My concerns:

1) gaskets dried out likely to start leaking once running again motor/transmission
2) gas tank and lines corroded/rusty from moisture
3) brake components and lines corroded/rusty from moisture
4) transmission internals bands/clutches from lack of lubrication and sitting will cause slippage and problems once driving or shortly there after.
5) Motor valve guides etc will start leaking from lack of use.

This vehicle belongs to a friend at work, she is the second owner. So thus the dilemma, I do not want to steal it from her, but my money does not come easy to me. If this car was running it would be much easier for me to put a value to it.

So what say you forum realistic prices please and appreciate your time for reading this post.

Banshee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

We need more info. What condition is the exterior/paint/trim/chrome?
How's the interior look? Leather/carpet/headliner/dash
How are the tires?
How did the truck run before it was parked?
Why was it parked?
Anything you can add would be great
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
Banshee88
1979 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Green View Post
We need more info. What condition is the exterior/paint/trim/chrome?
How's the interior look? Leather/carpet/headliner/dash
How are the tires?
How did the truck run before it was parked?
Why was it parked?
Anything you can add would be great
At this point she has only shown a picture. So good condition for the period interior and exterior average or slightly above. I question tires as they have been sitting on same spot for a couple of years minimum. She got a compnay car and eventually began driving the Wagoneer less and less, then not at all. So when it was running it had no known issues. That is why I was hopping for a ballpark number so when I go see it, to be able to get the dialogue started with her.
Banshee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Non-running it is worth about 500 bucks. If the body is rust free, paint is in great shape and interior is in nice shape you could double that.

Sitting for 2 years it will have issues.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
prismfisher
1982 CJ8 

I live in MT as well and can tell you that prices are all over the place. I bought a running 1990 GW that had been basically babied all its life except for last two years where the woman's son thrashed it. Paid 1900 and immediately had others wanting it for more. Sitting just two years wouldn't scare me as you prolly aren't going to replace anything that wouldn't need replacing anyway. If body and paint and interior in good shape, up to 1200/1400 might be in play. Would start round 800.
prismfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.