what would you pay for 1990 non-op waggy
First time poster so hopefully you can help out.
1990 Grand Wagoneer 98k original miles. Parked in a garage and sitting non-running for at least 2 years (Montana car, no salt winters). Nice body (assume no rust) and leather interior with power everything.
What would you pay for it? Do you think my concerns are valid?
1) gaskets dried out likely to start leaking once running again motor/transmission
2) gas tank and lines corroded/rusty from moisture
3) brake components and lines corroded/rusty from moisture
4) transmission internals bands/clutches from lack of lubrication and sitting will cause slippage and problems once driving or shortly there after.
5) Motor valve guides etc will start leaking from lack of use.
This vehicle belongs to a friend at work, she is the second owner. So thus the dilemma, I do not want to steal it from her, but my money does not come easy to me. If this car was running it would be much easier for me to put a value to it.
So what say you forum realistic prices please and appreciate your time for reading this post.