What will interchange? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > What will interchange?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 12-16-2001, 12:45 PM   #1
Dave

What will interchange?

I have a 70 Wagoneer and want to put a pickup body on the running gear, anyone have any info? (HELP)

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2001, 11:55 PM   #2
Hump

Your wagoneer is a NT (narrow track) meaning the axles are shorter than a WT (wide track). All J-trucks and some Cherokees were WT, which I believe is 2" wider on each side. You will probably run into the width problem, as well as a wheelbase problem. If you don't mind cutting the frame, shortening drive shafts, and doing alot of relocating, then it's all up to your imagination.

You would probably be better off putting the Wag's running gear on the J-truck...minus the axles which wouldn't fit. Engines, trannys, and transfer cases are all interchangable. You would have to get adapters made for I6 to V8 swaps though.

Check out www.ifsja.org. The guys on the message forum could help you through anything.
Parting '99 & '00 XJ Sports
Hump is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.