What did you do to your Wagoneer today. - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > What did you do to your Wagoneer today.

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*WJ Tube Doors Now Available!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #481
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

oh, not much.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #482
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

Mine's not a wagoneer, but you gotta deal with it. I'm excited and no one here cares.

Apricot got some new shoes! She's now sporting a brand new set of BFG A/T 31x10.5x15!!!!

She also got all new front brakes. Stock rotors; 84 k20 calipers, pads, and hoses. I had to customize both rotors and one hose. New stock rear brake hose. Tomorrow will be the buying of the rear brakes (my pnp ones wore out finally).

Also lately, She got a new headliner, which I covered in goldish corduroy. I remade the door panels out of plexiglas and covered them with the stock fabric (so they still look 30 yrs old). Put the chrome strips in the arm rests. Installed mechless head unit. Couldn't fit it in the glovebox, though. Added round speakers in the doors. Installed rearview mirror. Windexed windows (best improvement of the list)

New doors! Apricot's a 76, and I put on doors from an 81, which are the different lock setup. If you switch the latch side on the cab (which requires new holes), you can retain all door functions. I, however, did not do this. I switched the latch part inside the door. I used two of three original mounting holes without having to modify anything. I can no longer lock or unlock my truck from the outside. Oh well. Kinda stands out, and nothing inside worth stealing. New doors also have tinted windows, and the gaskets on the vent windows are way better than my old ones. Ordered window wipes from TGW (sorry bjs, but they were cheaper). Will get the rest of them a little at a time. Donor truck and my truck were painted the same color at the factory. My truck has 30 yrs of nv/ca sun, and the donor has 30 yrs of az sun, so the doors are quite a bit lighter. Looks like a good waxing would even it out. Too bad. I'll deal with the off-color doors.

Ran my dedicated cab ground wire. 8ga from cab to ground bolt by battery. All grounds (that I could find) ran straight to the 8ga. I am also going to add one more wire from the 8ga to the dash. Used that opportunity to clean up my toggle switch wiring.

Anyone got any advice how to get the engine noise outta my speakers? Ground is straight to dedicated ground wire. Power comes from fuse panel, through 1 toggle. Speaker wires are good. I have the chevy style alternator.
Unread 05-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #483
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks View Post

Anyone got any advice how to get the engine noise outta my speakers? Ground is straight to dedicated ground wire. Power comes from fuse panel, through 1 toggle. Speaker wires are good. I have the chevy style alternator.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ObWpSkJ...ion_guide.html
Alt noise, or more ground
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #484
super98lsc
Web Wheeler
1999 WJ 

Run the power for the head unit direct to the battery (yellow) the red one is the only one to connect to the main harness in dash which is the switched ignition power. The main yellow one is the high current feed for the pre-amp/amp inside the head unit.
===================================
00 WJ 4x4, 4.7 stroker, turbocharged,..lots more..
01 WJ 4x2 4.7v8 Limited (needs valve job)
90 Grand Wagoneer 401 Edelbrock Heads, Lunati .510/.527 FT Cam, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap, Holley HP 750, Thorley Headers, HEI, Electric Fan w Digital controller,4" lift 31x10.50 Goodyear Duratrac's on Pro-Comp Wheels,new interior, seats,seals,Alpine and JL full system, Remote HEI, Clifford 2 way with remote start,windows,tailgate.
96 Cherokee Country 4dr/2x2 White/Tan 3" Lift Sahara 18" Wheels 32.5"'s 99up head and intake- for sale soon!
super98lsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #485
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Not exactly related.

But I got a solid job working as a mechanic down the road from my house. Back to working on diesels trucks.

Oh well, I enjoy it and will be able to buy the Edelbrock heads and Forged plugs for the 401 soon.
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #486
super98lsc
Web Wheeler
1999 WJ 

Electric fan, flushed cooling system with chemical flush, new radiator was installed by the PO but it sat idle for a long time so figuring sediment etc. flushed it all again after 3 days driving w chemical flush, cant beleive how much more crap.came out before ran clear.again. Installed a new Taurus electric fan assy with shroud etc, looks factory. Engine is so much smoother and quieter now, no longer sounds like a swamp boat had puppies with a cement truck while taking off for space.
90 Grand Wagoneer 401 Edelbrock Heads, Lunati .510/.527 FT Cam, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap, Holley HP 750, Thorley Headers, HEI, Electric Fan w Digital controller,4" lift 31x10.50 Goodyear Duratrac's on Pro-Comp Wheels,new interior, seats,seals,Alpine and JL full system, Remote HEI, Clifford 2 way with remote start,windows,tailgate.
96 Cherokee Country 4dr/2x2 White/Tan 3" Lift Sahara 18" Wheels 32.5"'s 99up head and intake- for sale soon!
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #487
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

super98lsc.....what fan did you have before? clutch or flex?
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #488
super98lsc
Web Wheeler
1999 WJ 

Had stock fan w new stock clutch and complete factory shroud. This electric setup I built my own controller using a 40amp relay and t stat, diode, comes on via temp or with the AC. AC way colder at idle and lights and the engine cools right down after getting off the hwy where before it would retain heat and get.warmer at lights. Still think needs a bigger aluminum radiator though.
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #489
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by super98lsc
Had stock fan w new stock clutch and complete factory shroud. This electric setup I built my own controller using a 40amp relay and t stat, diode, comes on via temp or with the AC. AC way colder at idle and lights and the engine cools right down after getting off the hwy where before it would retain heat and get.warmer at lights. Still think needs a bigger aluminum radiator though.
Aluminum radiators make a big difference. My Wag ran a lot cooler with my new set up. Although I had to notch the core support and trim a little all the way across the front. Not too bad considering my Summit radiator and universal bracket set up was only around $200.
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #490
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

I put my window wipes on from tgw. I'm not that impressed. Driver's window now doesn't roll up all the way. Seems like the metal rail on the bottom of the window is hitting the bottom of the wipe on the inside. Passenger side outer wipe is loose and wiggly, but I think I can fix that.
So, my next weatherstrip order will be from BJs, and we'll see how I like that.
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #491
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

discovered the brake parts that were sent to me are not going to work.

back to the drawing board.

I'm getting super fed up.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #492
super98lsc
Web Wheeler
1999 WJ 

Rev, you only paid 200 for the radiator? Which one did you order all the ones I looked at were 500+
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #493
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

Dr Marneus.....what brake parts do you need? I haven't touched the axles on my parts truck yet(except for the cool lug nuts )
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #494
88wood

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

I decided to start the extensive rust repair to Daphne. The first step was taking off the wood decals. Hated to do it, but rust was bubbling under it. I had no idea how to take it off but using a heat gun I had it all off in two hours. Even make a YouTube clip for anyone wanting to know how to quickly remove the decal.

I haven't done rust repairs for 20 years. Hopefully I can make it look decent.
88wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #495
SaggyWagoneer
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Been a while since I've been able to do anything on the old girl due to the never ending winter here and having a small garage, but last weekend I put in a vinyl kit in the passenger area on my 89 GW, I used black vinyl runner from Home Depot and made my own kit for the back...oh yeah and I replaced the drivers floor pan, sanded/primered the entire floor and then put down a layer of protecto coat, and yesterday I took down the upper console, removed the old keyless entry system and spliced a new unit in. Over the course of the last month I have hit the moving parts to the door locks with zep heavy duty foaming degreaser every day to dissolve all the old " lube" that turned to hard glue, fresh coat of white lithium grease and now.....working locks FTW!!!!!!! Keyless entry FTW!!!!!!! I start body work this weekend now that the inside is done.
SaggyWagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.