What did you do to your Wagoneer today. - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > What did you do to your Wagoneer today.

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #451
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

because it is a ridiculous money pit.

come get it.

$8000 and i'll throw in a spare motor, as well as a spare set of axles and wheels, and an auxiliary gas tank.
No I don't know you

if only gas was cheaper

jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #452
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks

does that include the custom matching pop-up trailer?

Don't let the jeep blues get ya down. You'll either figure it out, and it'll work right, or you'll say f it and run it how it is, and it'll be fine. Just remember that you've got the coolest rig in Vegas. Took me 6weeks in the driveway to change my rear diff. I hated Apricot for a little, but I love her again now
Idk. I'm where he is. I'm sick of how expensive the parts are for a mediocre SUV. There are less unique options that run way better and cheaper. Having a Full Size Jeep is having a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of doting and attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #453
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

Any old vehicle is gonna have to be worked on. I'd rather be working on my super cool 76 j10 than a cool 84 jimmy. Like I tell people when they look at buying an old car--If you like it, it's worth the work and money and love. If you don't, find something you don't mind putting the work and money into. There's always gonna be a project that seems too much or a problem you can't fix, but time flies, you figure it out, and you're happy again.
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #454
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks
Any old vehicle is gonna have to be worked on. I'd rather be working on my super cool 76 j10 than a cool 84 jimmy. Like I tell people when they look at buying an old car--If you like it, it's worth the work and money and love. If you don't, find something you don't mind putting the work and money into. There's always gonna be a project that seems too much or a problem you can't fix, but time flies, you figure it out, and you're happy again.

if only gas was cheaper
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #455
super98lsc
Web Wheeler
1999 WJ 

When the project car crosses the boundary with the daily driver and becomes one and the same then stress goes up and fun goes down. These rigs like any old ride or ride being modded, customized will wear on your patients and wallet. Trick is being able to put it down for a week or two and recover then pick it up again on nice days when in the mood. I have to get my WJ turbo.motor back in so it can resume daily driver status, so can tear down the wagons engine next. This is after I finish body,paint, interior on the 96 XJ and sell it along with putting a head on the 03 limited v8 WJ and sell it too. Yes I have 4 damned Jeeps....so I feel your pain.
===================================
00 WJ 4x4, 4.7 stroker, turbocharged,..lots more..
01 WJ 4x2 4.7v8 Limited (needs valve job)
90 Grand Wagoneer 401 Edelbrock Heads, Lunati .510/.527 FT Cam, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap, Holley HP 750, Thorley Headers, HEI, Electric Fan w Digital controller,4" lift 31x10.50 Goodyear Duratrac's on Pro-Comp Wheels,new interior, seats,seals,Alpine and JL full system, Remote HEI, Clifford 2 way with remote start,windows,tailgate.
96 Cherokee Country 4dr/2x2 White/Tan 3" Lift Sahara 18" Wheels 32.5"'s 99up head and intake- for sale soon!
super98lsc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #456
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by super98lsc
When the project car crosses the boundary with the daily driver and becomes one and the same then stress goes up and fun goes down. These rigs like any old ride or ride being modded, customized will wear on your patients and wallet. Trick is being able to put it down for a week or two and recover then pick it up again on nice days when in the mood. I have to get my WJ turbo.motor back in so it can resume daily driver status, so can tear down the wagons engine next. This is after I finish body,paint, interior on the 96 XJ and sell it along with putting a head on the 03 limited v8 WJ and sell it too. Yes I have 4 damned Jeeps....so I feel your pain.

if only gas was cheaper
Unread 05-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #457
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks View Post
does that include the custom matching pop-up trailer?

Don't let the jeep blues get ya down. You'll either figure it out, and it'll work right, or you'll say f it and run it how it is, and it'll be fine. Just remember that you've got the coolest rig in Vegas. Took me 6weeks in the driveway to change my rear diff. I hated Apricot for a little, but I love her again now
Lets just make it $8500 and you can take the camper, i'll lose a bunch of money on that too.

Final parts should be here on Saturday. Then i can go about installing the stupid front end, and swapping my tires to the new rims (which need refinished)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdj5 View Post
No I don't know you

if only gas was cheaper
No, you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Idk. I'm where he is. I'm sick of how expensive the parts are for a mediocre SUV. There are less unique options that run way better and cheaper. Having a Full Size Jeep is having a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of doting and attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.
New sig.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #458
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
New sig.
Unread 05-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #459
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

figured i'd do something cheap and fun to get my mind off all the serious crap.

now i can yell at people while im driving around.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #460
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:

That will give you a reason to fix the big stuff, your jeep has got to look good if your going to yell at people!!

if only gas was cheaper
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #461
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

image-1575338450.jpg

Awesome mod.
Unread 05-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #462
pcoplin
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Swapped in a Magnum 5.2/44RE. Also slapped some 4 inch springs under it.

Ultra4 KOH #689 car
pcoplin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #463
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcoplin View Post
Swapped in a Magnum 5.2/44RE. Also slapped some 4 inch springs under it.

Build thread? Trans/t-case? This is the swap I've been thinking of, Mopar!
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #464
super98lsc
Web Wheeler
1999 WJ 

Nice then when bored of the 318 you can swap in a nice 408 :-)
===================================
00 WJ 4x4, 4.7 stroker, turbocharged,..lots more..
01 WJ 4x2 4.7v8 Limited (needs valve job)
90 Grand Wagoneer 401 Edelbrock Heads, Lunati .510/.527 FT Cam, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap, Holley HP 750, Thorley Headers, HEI, Electric Fan w Digital controller,4" lift 31x10.50 Goodyear Duratrac's on Pro-Comp Wheels,new interior, seats,seals,Alpine and JL full system, Remote HEI, Clifford 2 way with remote start,windows,tailgate.
96 Cherokee Country 4dr/2x2 White/Tan 3" Lift Sahara 18" Wheels 32.5"'s 99up head and intake- for sale soon!
super98lsc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #465
TrboDslWagoneer
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Just trying to spread the word. I really really need to get rid of my truck because I am moving Sunday and can't afford to take it with me. I am only asking $800. I have it in the For Sale section on the forum. You can also PM me for my cell number or info on the truck. I am in Plano Illinois 60545
image-2144838046.jpg   image-4084001227.jpg  
4" straight pipe
TrboDslWagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.