What did you do to your Wagoneer today. - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > What did you do to your Wagoneer today.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #166
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

the aluminum wheels are nice (on my j10) but I definetly like black rims.

You should paint your rims black, and add a pinstripe to wheels and jeep.

Unread 01-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #167
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks
the aluminum wheels are nice (on my j10) but I definetly like black rims.

You should paint your rims black, and add a pinstripe to wheels and jeep.
I hate pinstripes! The wheels are so gone they will look like crap, can I see a picture of your j10?

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #168
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

I have since added AMC hood ornament, and went back to the razor grill
imag0069-640x480-.jpg  
Unread 01-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #169
TrboDslWagoneer
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So yesterday I got 2 new door gaskets in the Waggy. I got them from Team Grand Wagoneer, they were $40 a piece shipped and the 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. The weatherstrip is suppose to be cut to fit, but the two that I got fit absolutely perfect! The only downside, which was fine for me, is that it does not have the preformed corners, but I made do. No more wind while I drive!
I also tried to wire up my sending unit to my gas gauge. It was only one wire! I put 12v to the splice in the gauge wire and the gauge went right up to full. There is also the possibility that I have no fuel, or almost no fuel. I'm not sure if because the original tank was smaller so the sweep on the OEM sending unit was shorter so I may need more fuel to register. The new tank and sending unit from a Chevy G30 van. Tank is 36 gallons.

I did get the air horns wired up and working though!
4" straight pipe
TrboDslWagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #170
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

36 gallons??? What are you paying to fill'er up?? like $160??
also, I noticed some yellow wireds that are above my gas tank that are disconnected... Do you know what those might be since you just handled that madness?
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #171
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

Replaced the starter on Agnes last night.
Bouta do the oil change on her in a few min then off to a wake.
Unread 01-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #172
TrboDslWagoneer
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul32
36 gallons??? What are you paying to fill'er up?? like $160??
also, I noticed some yellow wireds that are above my gas tank that are disconnected... Do you know what those might be since you just handled that madness?
Sorry, don't really know. The sending unit I have is a one wire unit. My lift pump is on the the frame. What year do you have? I have a Chilton manual and can look it up. I know from 70-79 the only wire that goes to the tank is Pink. The diagram shows a ground but does not specify if it is a wire or internal.
And yes, it's about $140-$150 to fill depending on where I go. Diesel here in Plano is about $3.84 at the cheapest place. On the bright side, I can go around 650 miles before filling up again.
I do plan on documenting as much stuff as I can from this point on. I have a lot of re-wiring and welding still to do. I would like to do a proper body lift, front bumper, and a lift at some point in time but that will involve axle work because the trans is so long thus I have a short drive shaft. And of course.... paint!
When I have some extra cash and my honda is not eating a water pump I will get a paid subscription and start a build thread.
4" straight pipe
Unread 01-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #173
TrboDslWagoneer
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Oh and I have not handled the real madness quite yet! The worst is yet to come. I will take plenty of pics.
4" straight pipe
Unread 01-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #174
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrboDslWagoneer View Post
I do plan on documenting as much stuff as I can from this point on.
my notebook is my most valuable tool I keep one for each, and usually in each. Wiring diagrams, parts replaced and dates, upgrades, everything goes in the notebook.
Unread 01-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #175
TrboDslWagoneer
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks

my notebook is my most valuable tool I keep one for each, and usually in each. Wiring diagrams, parts replaced and dates, upgrades, everything goes in the notebook.
I can relate to that! Every project I have done has had it's own zip up binder with a graph paper notebook. From my aquarium systems to my duck pen/hotel, to my project cars/trucks. My father always told me "a dull pencil is better than a sharp mind". So far on the truck I have started to sort out the wires. I have a list of all the wires and their colors that I am going to be using. I also have a check list with prices. Now it's a matter of crossing off the check list! I like the idea of putting in parts replaced with dates, I will defiantly be implicating that in my build from now on. Thanks for the good idea!
4" straight pipe
Unread 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #176
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrboDslWagoneer View Post
I can relate to that! Every project I have done has had it's own zip up binder with a graph paper notebook. From my aquarium systems to my duck pen/hotel, to my project cars/trucks. My father always told me "a dull pencil is better than a sharp mind". So far on the truck I have started to sort out the wires. I have a list of all the wires and their colors that I am going to be using. I also have a check list with prices. Now it's a matter of crossing off the check list! I like the idea of putting in parts replaced with dates, I will defiantly be implicating that in my build from now on. Thanks for the good idea!
I did a whole new engine wiring harness for my 77 Cherokee. I made it myself, so the colors are totally different than the manual, but the diagram in my notebook is perfect. Simplified, new colors and gauges listed (Upped most of the wires 1 gauge, we'll see how it works), even got lengths on it.
Unread 01-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #177
billy_YJ
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

Drove it ALL DAY while running errands, then started figuring out what to do about making a cup holder/console type deal to go on the "hump". I can not seem to find anything nice to go there.
'94 Wrangler YJ [B][I][COLOR="Navy"]"Blue"[/COLOR][/I][/B]

Last edited by billy_YJ; 01-19-2013 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: I can't spell
billy_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #178
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_YJ View Post
Drove it ALL DAY while running errands, then started figuring out what to do about making a cup holder/console type deal to go on the "hump". I can not seem to find anything nice to go there.
I've been thinking on the tahoe console, but can't for the life of me remember to look for one at the bone yard. I have not caught up with Tony yet about center caps, but I still remember
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #179
TrboDslWagoneer
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

For the life of me I cannot remember what I had in my YJ. I think it was called a "Tuffy Box" or just "Tuff box". I will do a little digging. I do remember that it was water tight, housed my radio, had storage space, was powder coated, and the whole thing locked up and keyed to my ignition key, and yes, had 2 cup holders. I do remember contacting the company to make some modifications to the design to fit a few of my needs. Maybe they can help if I can find them again. It was not cheap though. But it was bullet proof and more than once was submerged. Never had any problems with it. One of the best things I bought for the Jeep.
4" straight pipe
Unread 01-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #180
luckywagoneer
olllllllo

1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

I tackled the tailgate and rewired the window and wow that was fun. So all my windows work again like new. It did take a few days of trying to do it the easy way and ended up doing it the right way anyways lol do it right the first time. Keep the Jeep!
luckywagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.