What did you do to your Wagoneer today. - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > What did you do to your Wagoneer today.

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #136
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Maaco. They actually did a great job. I removed the grill, rack and as much chrome trim as possible. Factory burgundy

image-1071509833.jpg  
Unread 01-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #137
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

I also put in the rear most carpet. Front seats are out but I am shot. Will install carpet tomorrow to the rest of the truck
Unread 01-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #138
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Great color lookin good
"Its a Jeep thing, and I still don't understand"
05 Renegade OME 927, 947, top plate, JBA 4.5s ,ST/MAXX 245/75/16
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #139
billy_YJ
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRollin View Post
Still working on custom grill. Why do I have the only Jeep model with Chevy like horizontal bars on the grill????? Have a good lead on some used parts and peices. Checkin into that. I'll ask about center caps while I'm there Billy.
Thanks!
'94 Wrangler YJ [B][I][COLOR="Navy"]"Blue"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
billy_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #140
billy_YJ
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Green View Post
Maaco. They actually did a great job. I removed the grill, rack and as much chrome trim as possible. Factory burgundy
Not bad at all(judging from the pic). Did you remove the exterior door handles & mirrors or let them tape around?

Also, can I ask how much? You know what I got a quote for a while back and I've noticed some Maaco 1/2 off commercials here lately... Sooooo I've been considering going there to get a quote.

Congrats man, it's coming along nice!
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #141
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

Tried taking Agnes for a cruise. I pumped the pedal about 15 times, just like every day, held the pedal as she started.... then she shut off and I cannot get her to turn on again. All I hear is a click and nothing else.
Did I flood the carb? Or is my starter done for? Since I bought her back in June it always took forever to start until I started pumping the pedal like 15-20 times
Also, it was 60 degrees yesterday 50 this morning and 30 by the time I tried starting her up today.. any chance it might have gotten vapor lock?
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #142
billy_YJ
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

OOHHHH!!! I forget to tell you guys... Ran "Woody" out of gas the other day while running around to all the local gun shops buying up ammo! LOL

Totally didn't notice the needle and there's no warning light or dinging gauge Felt like an a$$
Unread 01-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #143
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_YJ
OOHHHH!!! I forget to tell you guys... Ran "Woody" out of gas the other day while running around to all the local gun shops buying up ammo! LOL

Totally didn't notice the needle and there's no warning light or dinging gauge Felt like an a$$
Dam!

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #144
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

No left the handles and mirrors. 650 including some primer as i had done a lot of body work to her prior to taking here there
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #145
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

Thats not a bad price. Did they primer the whole thing? Did they tell you how many coats of paint, primer, clear coat they used?
Unread 01-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #146
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Primer to about half. Sanded the entire Truck. Everything under the wood and the hood was primed then wet sand then 1 coat of paint. No clear
Unread 01-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #147
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul32 View Post
Tried taking Agnes for a cruise. I pumped the pedal about 15 times, just like every day, held the pedal as she started.... then she shut off and I cannot get her to turn on again. All I hear is a click and nothing else.
Did I flood the carb? Or is my starter done for? Since I bought her back in June it always took forever to start until I started pumping the pedal like 15-20 times
Also, it was 60 degrees yesterday 50 this morning and 30 by the time I tried starting her up today.. any chance it might have gotten vapor lock?
So, you turn the key and it just 'clicks'? Sounds like starter solenoid,. They'll stick in the cold. Tap on it with a screwdriver, then try to start it. If the same thing happens, jump starter solenoid from batt terminal to 's' terminal (the two closest to the front) Should engage starter. Will probably startle you. If you need a new solenoid, buy a good one--Not from autozone. The autozone ones only last about 10 months.

If you need to do that much pumping every time to start her, then you need to work on your choke.

You usually only have to worry about vapor lock if it's crazy hot out (100+). If your charcoal canister and fuel return line/filter are correct, you should not have any trouble with vapor lock. If you don't have the tank vent system hooked up, installing a vented gas cap will take care of it.
Unread 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #148
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

thanks. I'm about to try tapping on the solenoid now
Unread 01-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #149
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

So I went to tap the solenoid but noticed a vacuum line to the cabin canister unplugged. Connected the hose and it fired right up... is that really what the problem was?
Unread 01-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #150
jeepdj5
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul32
So I went to tap the solenoid but noticed a vacuum line to the cabin canister unplugged. Connected the hose and it fired right up... is that really what the problem was?
Can we see a picture of this??? Did you still tap on the starter?

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.