which way do i turn the switch to lock my cherokee into 4x4? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > which way do i turn the switch to lock my cherokee into 4x4?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
wijeeper
1975 FSJ Cherokee 

which way do i turn the switch to lock my cherokee into 4x4?

hello i have a 75 fsj cherokee, im wondering if turning the switch toward the front of the jeep is the way to lock it into full time 4x4 or is it the other way? i just got it running, has no brakes yet, and im in my driveway doing tranny drops to try to figure it out, but can't really tell...4x4 is working but i just dont know which way the switch needs to be turned to lock it into full time 4x4.

wijeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

to the left is awd
to the right is emergency drive
stop doing tranny drops. you'll grenade your t-case. maybe go fine some dirt. or 4 jack stands

Tags
4x4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.