Wagoneer Rear Seat Compatibility - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Wagoneer Rear Seat Compatibility

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
ISlapFatKids
1995 ZJ 

Wagoneer Rear Seat Compatibility

So, I just bought a '77 Wagoneer, but it did not come with a rear seat. The guy who owned the rig before me threw it out, but he did keep the mounting brackets.

My question is: What seats are compatible with these brackets?

Obviously, AMC/Jeep Wagoneer seats sould mount fine, but he said something about a third row seat from a Tahoe (not sure what year it was) fitting on to those brackets, too. Anyone know anything about that?

Also, will the seats from a Chrysler/Jeep Wagoneer, Willys Wagoneer, a FSJ Cherokee, or any other Jeep model mount without a problem? It would be much easier to find some seats if I could look at other years/models to pull them from at junkyards or on Craigslist.

ISlapFatKids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Never heard of a Tahoe seat bolting to the brackets. I am sure you could make a Tahoe seat work but it woudn't be that simple.

Any FSJ rear seat will work. I don't think they changed much of anything over the years. Just in case, you would want to stick with 1974-1991 rear seat and you should be fine:

1974-83 Cherokee
1974-83 Wagoneer
1984-91 Grand Wagoneer

Hope this helps.
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

The original back seat I have is a real pain in the rear (Get it... in the rear...). It is difficult to fold down and very difficult to remove for turning the ol' GW into a mobile hotel for camping w/out a tent. I think I am going to throw 600-800 bucks into something that will easily fold down and then forward and out of the way easily so I can throw a couple of foam pads and some sleeping bags in the back.
The cost of something aftermarket/new is going to be way worth the extra dough for me and might not be that big of a difference in cost for you when looking for a replacement.
Sykd4MyWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
ISlapFatKids
1995 ZJ 

Well, I ended up with this seat.

It cost me $25 from a salvage yard nearby, and it's in perfect condition, aside from the line in the center from someone leaving a bolt in it while it was folded. I don't see a need for spending $575 extra for a seat that folds and comes out easier.
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

It looks like it fits nice. Was that out of a similar Waggy?
Sykd4MyWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
ISlapFatKids
1995 ZJ 

They had already scrapped the vehicle, so I never saw the actual vehicle, but it was, according to them, out of a waggy from the 80's.

The color doesn't match, but I'm just going to put a seat cover on it until I have the interior redone.
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

It is from a Grand Wagoneer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.