Wagoneer Rear Seat Compatibility - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Wagoneer Rear Seat Compatibility

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTruc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 04-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
ISlapFatKids
1995 ZJ 

Wagoneer Rear Seat Compatibility

So, I just bought a '77 Wagoneer, but it did not come with a rear seat. The guy who owned the rig before me threw it out, but he did keep the mounting brackets.

My question is: What seats are compatible with these brackets?

Obviously, AMC/Jeep Wagoneer seats sould mount fine, but he said something about a third row seat from a Tahoe (not sure what year it was) fitting on to those brackets, too. Anyone know anything about that?

Also, will the seats from a Chrysler/Jeep Wagoneer, Willys Wagoneer, a FSJ Cherokee, or any other Jeep model mount without a problem? It would be much easier to find some seats if I could look at other years/models to pull them from at junkyards or on Craigslist.

ISlapFatKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Never heard of a Tahoe seat bolting to the brackets. I am sure you could make a Tahoe seat work but it woudn't be that simple.

Any FSJ rear seat will work. I don't think they changed much of anything over the years. Just in case, you would want to stick with 1974-1991 rear seat and you should be fine:

1974-83 Cherokee
1974-83 Wagoneer
1984-91 Grand Wagoneer

Hope this helps.
Unread 04-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

The original back seat I have is a real pain in the rear (Get it... in the rear...). It is difficult to fold down and very difficult to remove for turning the ol' GW into a mobile hotel for camping w/out a tent. I think I am going to throw 600-800 bucks into something that will easily fold down and then forward and out of the way easily so I can throw a couple of foam pads and some sleeping bags in the back.
The cost of something aftermarket/new is going to be way worth the extra dough for me and might not be that big of a difference in cost for you when looking for a replacement.
Sykd4MyWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
ISlapFatKids
1995 ZJ 

Well, I ended up with this seat.

It cost me $25 from a salvage yard nearby, and it's in perfect condition, aside from the line in the center from someone leaving a bolt in it while it was folded. I don't see a need for spending $575 extra for a seat that folds and comes out easier.
Unread 04-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

It looks like it fits nice. Was that out of a similar Waggy?
Sykd4MyWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
ISlapFatKids
1995 ZJ 

They had already scrapped the vehicle, so I never saw the actual vehicle, but it was, according to them, out of a waggy from the 80's.

The color doesn't match, but I'm just going to put a seat cover on it until I have the interior redone.
Unread 04-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

It is from a Grand Wagoneer.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.