Wagoneer radio problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Wagoneer radio problems

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 10-12-2003, 04:24 AM   #1
general_0ne

Wagoneer radio problems

Hi!

I have a Jeep/AMC radio that is from my Grand Wagoneer it is AMC Model # 8956001. This is the "newer" style radio from an 86-88 Wagoneer. It's still the AMC radio with a blue flourescent display - it's not the Jensen radio that Chrysler put in...

The problem that I am having with it is that when I push the play/program button, it will not switch to the other side of the tape, and when I push eject, it will not eject the tape either (motorized eject).

I took the radio apart, and noticed that there are two solenoids - one to activate the eject mechanism, and one to activate (or release) the mechanism that switches the direction of the tape. Neither one will activate (usually). In about 20 or thirty tries, I was able to get it to switch directions once, and eject once. I ejected the tape right after I got it to switch directions.

This seems to be a common problem with these radios, since my original radio did it, (although the tape was all that worked on that one) one that I got from the junk yard did it, and one that I bough off of ebay did it.

I was wondering if anyone was farmiliar with this problem, and if there are any known fixes for it (other than putting in a different radio - I don't want to do that...). Or if anyone knew where I could get a schematic for the radio.

Thanks!
~the GeNeRaL~

general_0ne is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.