Wagoneer Newbie - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-05-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Mattress
1972 FSJ Wagoneer 

Wagoneer Newbie

Hello All,
I just purchased my first Jeep ever. A 1972 360 V8 New Mexico Wagoneer. She is running great as of now and I'm going to do an all around tune up and brake tune up. My question is where is the best online shop for old Wagoneer parts? Are there certain brands of aftermarket parts that are better than others? Is there any way to convert the points to electronic points so as not to have to adjust the dwell and everything? Any tips on tuning my carb for high altitude (I"m at 8,000 feet). Any advice or direction for a newbie would be much appreciated.
Take it easy,
Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-06-2008, 03:28 PM
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

We have a site dedicated to full-size Jeeps:

www.bjsoffroad.com

Most of our parts are for the newer (74-91) FSJ's but we do have some parts for your 72.

Thanks!

www.bjsoffroad.com
post #3 of 4 Old 10-06-2008, 04:10 PM
AMXJ
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattress View Post
Hello All,
I just purchased my first Jeep ever. A 1972 360 V8 New Mexico Wagoneer. She is running great as of now and I'm going to do an all around tune up and brake tune up. My question is where is the best online shop for old Wagoneer parts? Are there certain brands of aftermarket parts that are better than others? Is there any way to convert the points to electronic points so as not to have to adjust the dwell and everything? Any tips on tuning my carb for high altitude (I"m at 8,000 feet). Any advice or direction for a newbie would be much appreciated.
Take it easy,
Matt
Matt
I always stick to brand names that are well known or brands that come highly recomended by someone that I know.

If your Jeep has a Delco distributor you can install the Crane XR1 (points to electronic modual) conversion kit. They work great and are trouble free!
BTW 4 Wheel Parts Wholsalers is a good place for aftermarket Jeep parts too.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-07-2008, 08:54 PM
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Just so you know, anything that 4-wheel parts carries, I can sell cheaper, just ask.

www.bjsoffroad.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.