Waggy wanted - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Waggy wanted

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 04-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
Yamajer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ADVICE NEEDED!!!!!So looking for a wagoneer but have been reading up in them and found that most of the tcases are mostly thin walled. The 20 seems to be the best option. Thing is that the older ones that these came in are pretty well shot, mechanically and cosmetically. There are a few in the mid to late 80s that are more what I'd like but not the ideal powertrain from what I've read. Any advice guys? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Yamajer; 04-12-2012 at 11:48 PM..
Yamajer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
TikiWagon
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

My '89 has what is to me an almost ideal powertrain. The AMC 360 is nearly bulletproof and puts up with my crap, the TF727 behind it is stout but lacks overdrive, and the NP229 is adequate for what I do, mostly winter snow driving and some trail duty. The vacuum setup has been replaced with a PTO cable for reliability and ease of maintenance. The twin Dana 44s are well-suited to the heft of the truck and I have no complaints about any part of my Wagoneer except the window regulators and sagging springs.
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #3
Yamajer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome thanks, still looking around for one and looking at a few years from late 70'safternoon to late 80's. We will see what comes up. Thanks for the help tikiwagon
Yamajer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.