Valve Cover Gaskets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Valve Cover Gaskets

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
mpatch
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Valve Cover Gaskets

Posting here and full size jeep networks but I am going to change out my valve cover gaskets this weekend and wanted to know if anyone could recommend and brand and type.

Thanks, Matt

mpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
mpatch
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Looking at just a Fel Pro VS50001R? Any Comments
mpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Easy enough - Victor/Reinz (Dana) is my favourite, but Fel-Pro is perfectly acceptable.

I do prefer cork as a material over rubber, but I'm just funny that way. Cork tends to absorb a bit of oil and swell to "finish the seal," which I like. Cork gaskets do require that they be run about 15-30 minutes a fortnight to keep them damp, but that's not a problem if you don't trailer the thing to events only every quarter or something like that...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.