Turn Signal/Cruise/Wiper Switch Install ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Turn Signal/Cruise/Wiper Switch Install ?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 04-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
1987GW
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

Turn Signal/Cruise/Wiper Switch Install ?

Hi all, I've purchased a new Turn Signal/Cruise/Wiper Switch, and am wondering about how you go about pulling the cable up the steering column and getting the new one down? Saw a video for a GM one and they taped a section of wire to the old plug, pulled it up the column and used the wire to pull the new one back down - like you'd do electrical behind drywall. I tried that this AM on the GW, but there doesn't seem to be enough room (or there are too many wires) for the old one to slide up - it gets hung up pretty soon after it starts. Anybody done this? Am I going to have to pull the column all the way out? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

1987GW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

If you are removing one because it's bad, chop the wires by the switch, pull them out the bottom. To install it, you just kinda shove the wires down until they come out the bottom.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.