Towing a 76 J10 w quadra trac - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Towing a 76 J10 w quadra trac

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #16
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
I don't see any issues arising as long as he only disengages the hubs to tow then relocks them.

It's the cheapest fix and safe if he takes the time to think.
I would NEVER, and I mean NEVER install hubs on a full time Q trac case. Inevitably, Someone is going to look over and say " hey, that dudes hubs are engaged, let me help him out". Next thing you know, you've smoked the diff.

I usually drop the U joints on the axle yokes. Then I tape or bungee the drivelines up under the chassis.

jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.