Topless Grand Wagoneer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Topless Grand Wagoneer

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
7179CJ5
1979 CJ5 

Topless Grand Wagoneer

Hello once again, was doing some web surfing to find some info on Wagoneers, as posted earlier I am in the market for one, and came across a Wagoneer that had its roof removed. Has anyone seen this picture before. It was on another forum, blue in color and of course wood grain.

7179CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

I would not buy a topless wagoneer. I would, however, make one. I've seen pics and they look super cool. I'd somehow make mine removable/replacable like a bronco/jimmy.
Unread 06-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
7179CJ5
1979 CJ5 

Was it blue parked in a parking lot next to the road? It looked as if he just took the top off with out the intention of making it a removable roof. I think they look really cool too, but not to sure how sturdy that windshield would actually be.
7179CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
Zorm
1983 FSJ Cherokee 

that windsheild is strong enough. Guys on the IFSJA web site have done it. I like the idea of a removable hard top too but would think that baby would be HEAVY. Heck, if I had the cash, I would get one of the boat canvas places around here to design and build me a soft top like the little jeeps, frame, door window pecies and all, how cool would that be! Build a "family roll bar" for the girl and enjoy the day. Then again, I would also want it insulated, gets hot here in the pan handle. Not as hot as Whetstone, Az though, Mom lives there.
Zorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

The removable top would be heavy. Made a camer shell out of a cherokee chief to put on my j10. It takes 4 people to move it (when the windows are in). The removable top for my 93 bronco was a lot smaller, and fiberglass, and was about the same weight.

Zorm.....but it's a dry heat here My dad's family is all down on the peninsula (he grew up in New Smyrna Beach) and I lived down in Naples for a while. F the humidity. Been over 100 last week or so, but 000% humidity
Unread 06-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
Zorm
1983 FSJ Cherokee 

other thought, I was on road yesterday and a 4 door TJ drove by with hard doors and a soft top....got me thinking...what about doing that to our FSJ's?
Zorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

check out this...

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=76616
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #8
jeepin87
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleontks
Little less fastback and that would be awesome to me. I'd like to have a tailgate though. Hmmm, the wheels are spinning.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited 4.5" LA/33"s
1999 WJ 4.0 Limited
2003 Ram 1500 w/built 12v cummins
2004 Ram 2500 Cummins tow rig
jeepin87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #9
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

What set me onto making my cap was seeing an old slide-up camper on an old ford. I'm assuming then when it's pulled out, it looks like the caps from the 70s, then it slid forward, flat against the rear window of the truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.