Tempted by this lawn art. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Tempted by this lawn art.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #1
ScottJ

Tempted by this lawn art.

Riding in the car with my wife the other day gave me time to pay attention to stuff along the side of the road. I managed to spot this J200.

I need another project like I need another hole in my head. I rarely make progress on the ones I have now because the part of the budget not allocated to paying down debt or just living life is very small.

Just the logistics of dragging this thing home makes my head hurt. The front axle is stripped to the spindles.

If you woke up in my shoes would you fool with it?

If I did I would think swapping a small block Chevy in place of the I-6 would be the best bet. Will it bolt to the transmission?

Thanks.

'01 Cobra True Blue #3225 of 3867 8/20/01
'02 A4 Quattro 3.0 Tiptronic (wife's)
'87 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate
'70 VW Bug (rusting hulk I've ignored too long)
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Custom RooR
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Go for it man, but only if it can fit in your budget. If it cant... by the looks of it im sure it will be their in the future
Custom RooR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
ScottJ

Yeah, my thinking is that if it's going to sit & rot anyway it might as well be in their yard.

I may just wait and re-evaluate in the Winter when the vegitation dies back.
'01 Cobra True Blue #3225 of 3867 8/20/01
'02 A4 Quattro 3.0 Tiptronic (wife's)
'87 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate
'70 VW Bug (rusting hulk I've ignored too long)
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
Custom RooR
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

See, projects are cool. But if you said you didnt have the money to spend on all of your other projects. This particular vehicle is nothing but a money pit. And after you put all that money into it you wont get a 3rd of what you put into it back if you sell it. i would personally leave it alone unless you are really good with fabrication work, and have alot of time/money. I dont have the money for a project like that either. everything on that truck prolly needs to be replaced. you owuld be better off buying a better condition one. just my .02
Custom RooR is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.