steering hitting leaf springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > steering hitting leaf springs

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 12-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
zeekracing
2006 TJ Wrangler 

steering hitting leaf springs

I have a 1980 j10. It has a shackle flip in the rear and a flip kit up front. I also have 4" springs front and back and lift shackles on the front to level it out. Total about 13" on front and 11" in back. I had trouble driving it and I noticed the steering bar coming from the pitman arm to the steering link it hitting the leaf spring on the pass side. I do have a drop pitman on it. What are people doing to fix this on high lift jeeps?

zeekracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

You would need high steer or crossover steering. We have a crossover steering kit that would bolt onto your rig with no modifications:

View the Crossover Steering Kit 1974-1991 FSJ's at http://www.bjsoffroad.com

A high steer kit would work as well but usually you have to source the knuckles and such to put a kit together for yourself.

Thanks!
Unread 12-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
zeekracing
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What knuckles are used for the high steer kit?
zeekracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

flat tops, usually from a Chev @'76 vintage
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.